Team S-R build's

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

jray

Re: Team S-R build's

Post by jray »

It is 2 1s. one each syed and when they're plugged in they are in seres.
LimaHotel

Post by LimaHotel »

Does that make it a pain to recharge though? Like I charge my batteries in the bots - I just make sure the charge cable is accessible
A grabber? I CHALLENGE IT WITH JIGGY!
jray

Post by jray »

yes I suppose it will take a bit more time. I have got six of the 1s lipos. They are out of a drone I had years ago. The charger that came with the drone has room for 4 batteries to plug in and be on charge. When I need to swap the batteries I unscrew the 4 screws holding the top plate down, unplug the batteries and pop in 2 fresh ones.
jray

Post by jray »

We have been working on a new bot we hope to have redy for AWS 61.
It is a walker/shuffle bot with a spinner. Here are some pictures of the CAD and where we are up to. If any one has some experience of building a walker (my 1st go) advice , do's and don'ts would be very welcome!
Thanks
James

Team RobotMad

Post by Team RobotMad »

jray wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:24 pm If any one has some experience of building a walker (my 1st go) advice , do's and don'ts would be very welcome!
i'd say i'm qualifyed to answer this :D
higher number of legs (i use 4 per side) spinning faster (i use 10:1 motors) on smaller step size (cam offset) makes for better smoother walking.
keeping the legs spaced out to they don't bind up is critical as the rubber is grippy enough to stall the motors if they clash together.
getting a good smooth serface betwen the leg and the cam is important.
Make sure the outside leg can't fall off and the inside one dosn't either, not sure the head of that bolt is quite enough for that.
Lincoln Barnes
Maker of "SmartAnts", and other autonomous projects.
Electronic enginering student at Nottingham Trent University.
PM to order the RM NanoESC
jray

Post by jray »

Hi
I thought I would share what I have been up to. Pretty much finished my first spinner. I had initially intended it to be a walker but changed the designing back to wheels. Hats off to those of you that build and compete walkers. I was not able to get the drive working in a way I was happy with.

Here it is.

And a vid of a spin-up.
https://youtu.be/Ph02mPiKoNc

Thanks
James
CARBIDE2.0

Post by CARBIDE2.0 »

Nice
MarkR

Post by MarkR »

jray, that looks amazing.

How is the opposite side of that weapon supported? Is it a dead shaft or live? Is there a bearing in there somehow?

It spins nicely though whatever it is.
Robots: Betsie - RaspberryPi controlled flipper bot with gyro stablisation - too clever for her own good?
Stacie - tidy flipper; 4wd driven by hair bands
jray

Post by jray »

Thanks!

It is a live support and yes there are 2 small flanged bearings in the polycarbonare side support. I hope The pictures make it a bit clearer. The nearside bearing has been removed in one of the pictures.

I was pleased with how balanced I managed to get the spinner.
It is 3 bits of 2mm mild steel laser cut pieces that have been welded together. Using a 2 mm drill bit and some magnets I used this setup in my lathe to balance the spinner.
https://youtu.be/RbXkcx522v8
Found the heavy sports then hit them with a file.
jray

Post by jray »

Hi
I have parity much finished the spinner (called Time-Tooth) I have been working on.
Due to a mis-CAD-culation The wheels i had on the bot what to small for it to run inverted. So i had to make a new set. I machine them out of 6 mm polycarbonate.

It is 150g on the nose.

Here is some footage of it whacking a can around.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLADuGkQynI