Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

peterwaller

Re: Team MedBots

Post by peterwaller »

Except they are out of stock.
Max

Post by Max »

They are out of stock because I bought the last 2!
HugoIsOnFire

Post by HugoIsOnFire »

lol :) :) :) :)
Procrastination Robotics

Propellant: flipper: construction phase
Max

Post by Max »

Typical now dx6i has stopped working! Was working fine yesterday then went to turn it on and nothing, put in new batteries, nothing. I measured the voltage across the batteries it is 6v until I push the switch to the 'on' position then voltage drops to 0v! Measured the resistance between the terminals and it's about 1 mega ohm. Nothing obviously wrong on inside, any ideas?
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

possibly a dodgy solder joint somewhere inside the transmitter? i had to resolder a few joints in my orange TX to get it to work reliably. just a thought but it might be worth checking each solder joint.

other than that i can only say contact the supplier and report the fault you're experiencing with it.
good luck and i hope you get the issue sorted out. :)
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

For the battery voltage to drop from 6v to 0v if you are measuring it at the battery terminals suggests you are effectively putting a short across the battery.
If you are measuring the voltage somewhere inside the transmitter then it sounds like a high resistance between the battery terminal and where you are measuring it possibly as Dan has suggested a dry solder joint.
When you measured the resistance presumably you removed the batteries did you switch the transmitter on.
Max

Post by Max »

In an odd twist it has now randomly started working again! Hopefully it will keep working for the time being and I will probably get a new one before my next competition. I have had the transmitter for about 7 years now so it's no so bad.
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

The power switch on the DX5 is known to be a bit ropey, perhaps the DX6 suffers a similar fate? An intermittant failure like that sounds like a dodgy switch contact. A bad or fractured solder joint is also a possibility.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Max

Post by Max »

Has anyone ever had any success with a 1s brushless motor in an ant? Can anyone recommend an (ideally cheap) motor to use?
Max

Post by Max »

...I guess not! What about flee's/ Nano's? Don't need something amazing just something than can power a vaguely decent spinner.