Robot names

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Pugster2002

Robot names

Post by Pugster2002 »

Can somebody give me a new name for my robot it has to small Lego wheels at the back low ground clearance a warning tape wedge exposed electronics at the back and no self righter 8)
Pugster is 9 years old and is autistic,he can be blunt and sometimes seems rude,but he's just to the point!!!please try to be clear when talking to him.his obsession is robot wars and pugs!!thanks guys(pugsters mum!!)
Pugster2002

Re: Robot names

Post by Pugster2002 »

It don't matter now it didn't drive straight it looked rubbish didn't have a weapon and it couldn't push or self right or cause any damage the wedge didn't go under any thing it had high ground clearance at the back and it would be the worst robot at any event I go to
Pugster is 9 years old and is autistic,he can be blunt and sometimes seems rude,but he's just to the point!!!please try to be clear when talking to him.his obsession is robot wars and pugs!!thanks guys(pugsters mum!!)
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

Most Roboteers dont go into a competition to win,they go to enjoy the event,and meet other like minded people.If you brought your robot to an event,I am sure that there would be many people who would offer you advice/tools/and material to get your robot to where you are happy with it. Unfortunately without seeing the robot,it is hard to give advice. Because we all live so far away from each other,it is really only the main events when we all get together,but do bring it along,or maybe even if you post a pic of what you have so far,we could point you in the right direction.
Cheers Jim. :)
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

You should have seen my first Jigsaw, heh XD

As far as practical advice goes, ground clearance seems to be a tricky thing to work with - if the wedge doesn't get under anything, consider removing any castors below it (as the vast majority of surfaces antweights fight on are as close to flat as makes no difference) and possibly changing the angle of the wedge to something like about 25-45 degrees, adding acetate to the lower edge to extend it fully to the ground. Apart from that, the most important advice I can give is to never, never give up - it took me four events and five different robot designs to find something that wasn't total cannon fodder, as many people here can fondly recall, and then I accidentally won an Antweight World Series a year later. It always gets better :)
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
Pugster2002

Post by Pugster2002 »

I've made the robot from steel now because it was to bendy with what I used before it's working now but the flipper is very heavy which makes it over weight but it is much better now 8) 8) 8)
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

Pugster2002 wrote:I've made the robot from steel now because it was to bendy with what I used before it's working now but the flipper is very heavy which makes it over weight but it is much better now 8) 8) 8)
I am glad that you are happier,Pugster. :)
Steel is HEAVY!
Can you drill some holes in it to lighten it??
Any chance of a picture of your creation???
It sounds interesting. 8)
Pugster2002

Post by Pugster2002 »

I'm on my I touch so can't upload links and photos
Pugster2002

Post by Pugster2002 »

Last edited by Pugster2002 on Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
haz

Post by haz »

is that a smily face on the front :lol:
looks pretty cool
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

Nice one.Looks great. Very Mad Max!