what makes good tires?

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

haz

what makes good tires?

Post by haz »

on my flea weight i had rubber band tires, and they were not very good.
what would make the best grippy tires?
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

Rubber gloves, Ping pong bat rubber or the stuff on the underside of mousmats all do a good job.
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

I have just paid ?8 for 4 tongue cleaners. :o The idea is to strip the rubber off for tyres!!! :roll: :D
haz

Post by haz »

thanks, for the replys i will try mouse mat first.
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

One of the more common way is to use a piece of Dycem, a sort of fabric with rubber in it. I found that doublesided foamtape and dycem works really well togethere.

Otherwise there is Lint Roller. However not the paper type. There used to be a very popular type that you could wash off with water / scotch to get the same grip again. That one is refered as 'Old style' lint roller.
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
haz

Post by haz »

cheers,where can you get dycem?
kickboxer

Post by kickboxer »

haz wrote:cheers,where can you get dycem?
may sound OTT but i have found that the non fluffy part of velcro kind of hooks the floor thus giving it good grip.

or double sided sticky tape.(all you need to do with this is stick one side to your wheel or rim then the other sticky part just keep putting it onto your truosers and ripping off to get the tackyness off)
:)
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

I haven't had many grip issues with the standard Pololu tyres to be fair :P Arcus benefited a lot from Dycem but the problem I have is that it tends to peel itself off...
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
kickboxer

Post by kickboxer »

Joey wrote:I haven't had many grip issues with the standard Pololu tyres to be fair :P Arcus benefited a lot from Dycem but the problem I have is that it tends to peel itself off...
dycem is my vacum
kickboxer

Post by kickboxer »