Pop!

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

josh

Post by josh »

if your looking at axminster definately go for a c1 rather than the c0 although it says the chuck is 50mm its more like 30mm, fine for smaller pieces but these larger diameter pieces i've had to do at school on the larger lathes.
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Funny you should mention Axminster I just got back from their showroom to have a look at their lathes as mine is getting a bit worn out. My Clarke CL300M is the size of the C2 and I was thinking of an upgrade but they didn't have a C4 on display and the C6 was a bit bigger and more expensive than I needed. It very convienent for you being close to your school Alasdair.
josh

Post by josh »

I'd also have a look at proxxon peter they seem to have some pretty good feedback.

Just finnished some more machining on the cylinder, looking good appart from a beutiful slip up in the drill so need to machine off a couple millimeters on one side to do away with that... I've shaved about 4 grams off the weight of the original and still have another 8mm port to drill. I had to produce a load of plastic pieces in the lasercutter to hold the cylinder in the mill but eventually i got it to work, without a constant coolant flow i did manage to completely disfigure these pieces from the heat. All needs a good cleaning up and some more finnishing but pics atm:
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
josh

Post by josh »

Got bored so i've started on some silly motor mounts... sorry for photo quality, iphone doesn't like small shiny bits...
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
josh

Post by josh »

Haven't done much work lately, been in the middle of exams and what not. Taking it slowly getting everything right so Pop probably won't be ready for a while. However I have completed the first evolution of the PCB casing. It holds a speed control board, receiver, hosts the ariel stops it bending, a switch and an LED. 10mm thick with 3 layers. Going to print a couple when I finish a battery casing and mount system this week.
CAD:
And you can view it in 3D from my Shapeways Store:
http://www.shapeways.com/model/196030/p ... id=ug16871

I'm currently looking for a small around 130mah 2 cell lipo, I have found the Hyperion g3 120mah one, where are most people buying lipos from nowadays? Also need a cheap end 2cell charger if anyone has any suggestions?
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

Nice boxes Josh :) are they for Peter's speed controllers or a different board entirely?

I've used the Pro-Peak Quattro for a while now with no problems ( http://www.technobotsonline.com/pro-pea ... arger.html - although Technobots seem to be out of stock for the time being) for charging...regarding batteries I've got all mine from Micron, usually the Hyperion ones, they used to do some even smaller 135mah EGO packs but they seem to have been discontinued now.
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
josh

Post by josh »

cheers, yeah it's for Peter's board and an ar6300 board. Thanks i will look into getting the Hyperion g3 battery from there i think as it seems to have a reputation for having a much higher discharge rate and capacity than stated and also will charge at up to 5 amps so i can charge between rounds.

Just finished the drilling jig, cap and end piece for the cylinder ready to print.
http://www.shapeways.com/model/196284/c ... id=ug16871
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
josh

Post by josh »

Just got all my circuit mount and some pieces for my cylinder through from andrew so thanks for that :)
few pictures before I get on with some soldering...
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
josh

Post by josh »

And all soldered up:
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

At what pressure do you intend to run this ram?
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website