fleas

All things small and scratchy.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Jonny

Post by Jonny »

what do the brushless and esc weigh? might be easy to save some weight there :D
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I don't understand this obsession with armour if you have a spinning Ti blade that is armour enough as long as you keep it between you and the opposition and it keeps spinning. :roll:
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

The Blue Ringed Octopus has absolutely no armour really.The chassis sides are 1.5mm fibreglass board,but are only there to hold the servos and battery in place.The flipper is kinda like a birdcage over the top,held in place using a small strip of 4mm polycarbonate. It really is a bit of a skeleton really!!
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

peterwaller wrote:I don't understand this obsession with armour if you have a spinning Ti blade that is armour enough as long as you keep it between you and the opposition and it keeps spinning. :roll:
Because the opponent might have a blade that is 2mm longer than yours.
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

The problem I find is making sure you do keep the blade spinning and between you and the opponent :P and in LYT's case keeping the blade on was a task in itself...
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

I have found even with really good armour I find spinners seem to get in whatever holes there are and break things. Although I will see how anticipation does the other way up :D
TEAM GEEK!
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

I have armour because I cannot afford to readily replace parts if your (pete W) vicious little finger biters decide to have the motors or speedo as a snack.

How light/heavy is 1.5mm Fibreglass compared with the equivilent HDPE ? Just wondering if I can use 1-1.5mm fibreglass board as a chassis plate, which would be plenty stiff enough, but still have it weigh less than the 3mm one I currently have
haz

Post by haz »

finished, all i need now is a name is 72g atm

http://s947.photobucket.com/albums/ad31 ... to0109.jpg
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

I kinda wanna call it Google :)

I had a look through your other pics; your kilobot, what ratio motors are you using and what voltage ? Also, is that an axe I see going on it ?
haz

Post by haz »

100:1, it goes nicely on a masive 7.2v nicad, im probably going to run it of a 11.1v lipo, yep that is an axe, im trying to find a good sized air tank and ram, if not another motor, am ading some 6mm hdpe for the sides an maybe some titanium