Favourite music

Wanna talk about something other than robots? Really?? Can't understand it myself, but if you really want to, do it here....normal rules apply though!!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Team Orr

Post by Team Orr »

ohh and while im here, check out the dunwell brothers band, they are 39th in the charts atm and, oddly anough, mates with tom armitage (team xtream robotics)
"if it wasn't for Edison we'd be watching TV by candlelight"
Jack Orr
Team Orr Robotics
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Team Orr wrote:flock of seagulls anyone?
Hell yeah! :oops: I grew up on all that new romantic / synth pop stuff! Silly haircuts and dubious name aside, "I Ran" is still a great song (IMO - and I'm entitled to it :) )
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

BeligerAnt wrote:
Team Orr wrote:flock of seagulls anyone?
Hell yeah! :oops: I grew up on all that new romantic / synth pop stuff! Silly haircuts and dubious name aside, "I Ran" is still a great song (IMO - and I'm entitled to it :) )
I'd have to agree with you there :)
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
Nathan Windisch

Post by Nathan Windisch »

[deleted]
Last edited by Nathan Windisch on Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoGcH2L68Mg

Just put your feet up and listen. If it doesn't give you tingles you are cold and heartless :)
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Now I'm all in favour of varied styles of music, but "Mandy" by Barry Manilow ???

It takes a brave person to stick their head above the parapet with that one! :wink:

(BTW I grew up having to listen to this - and Cliff Richard - my dear Mum's favourites!)
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Jonathan, have you checked out Mantovani?

Simon
alasdair

Re: bands

Post by alasdair »

Nathan Windisch wrote:my fav bands:Gorillaz, The Prodigy and La Roux! :D 8) :lol: :P

my fav albums:Fat Of The Land, The La Roux Album and Demon Days! :D 8) :lol: :P

my fav songs:Thriller, Beat It, In For The Kill, Breathe, Diesel Power and Firestarter! :D 8) :lol: :P
All good.
You have a good sense in music!
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Actually Gary I just watched it on Youtube and it wasn't as bad as I remembered but then I haven't got the sound working yet since I rebuilt my old PC. :roll:
My mum was into Val Doonigan and my sister was into country.
One heart warming LP (thats like a big black CD) was "When Tragedy Stuck" in which someone or some animal died on every track.
Tracks such as "Old Shep" and "There's a little box of pine on the 7:29 bringing back a lost sheep to the fold".
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

No I havn't heard heard of Mantovani, tell me more.
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.