Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Thats fantastic
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Critters

Post by Critters »

wow, nice auto reload...

did you set that up with the computer on the radio?
Im not used to the stick radios
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

The control is done by the micro controller chip on my speed controller board. It takes in the normal throttle channel signal from the receiver and generates the control pulses to the flipper servo.
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Does it work yet Pete? lol
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Haven't got round to looking at it yet but I think I have to reduce the amount the latch engages. I increased it just before the event only using 1 elastic band for the test and then at the event with 4 bands it wouldn't always fire.
Critters

Post by Critters »

peterwaller wrote:The control is done by the micro controller chip on my speed controller board. It takes in the normal throttle channel signal from the receiver and generates the control pulses to the flipper servo.
hmm I think I should wait untill a spot opens up in tech and electronics before I get in to this stuff...
Marco Roberts

Post by Marco Roberts »

I started planning the latest ant weights. However I still dont plan to use these new fangled motor things.
I will stick to my standard servos. I have used them for such a long time and developed them during that period that i dont feel the need to upgrade.

I plan to build the Chrono Trigger from aws20. That was still by far the best version, I will just make it out of part steel. May need to buy a band saw.

I will bring back psycho ant and design it around the version at AWS14. That for me was one of the best version even though it had controller problems. Not sure if I have all the bits spare so may need to build this like modern ants, Sanyo geared motors and controller.

The ant weight '?' was essentially psycho flea gutted and put into a thicker chassis. I found that so I will rebuild psycho flea. Was one of my fav robots and some reason didn't have any trouble pushing around ant weights.

I will start with those two for now. First event for them will be Craig's event I suppose. Will post pics during progress.
<-=AWS 10 1st and 2nd champ=->
<-=AWS 13 1st and 2nd champ=->
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

I have built a new run-all-day robot, called Lowbot. Pictures at http://pix01.com/EY@Nxw41

It uses two of the 16mm precision micro drive motors because I'm hoping that they won't get so hot when they run for hours like the smaller sanyo type ones do.

It's 178g with a Duracell 9v battery in, but 146g with a 120mAh battery in. I hope that's considered legal.

Simon
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Thats looking good Simon and I don't think anyone is that worried about exactly meeting the rules for demo bots just that they are not so big or so heavy that normal ants cant push them. That reminds me I must give ant of two halves a bit of attention before Brighton. She got a bit chewed up by one of my own spinners some time back.
olivers

Post by olivers »

If it is for Brighton Model World then I have some spare 640mAh LiPo I will bring, should get it under 150g and run for a long time.