New Robots

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

That looks a bit to big and complex for an ant. Also when it is fully down the elastic is pulling almost along the line of the two lifting supports giving very little power. Flippant is now working reasonably well now with enough power to thow itself out of the ring see Simons Video.
Critters

Post by Critters »

hmm I see. I gess it would be better for a servo, you could just use the servo arm as the first arm of the lifter.

I really do like that bot of yours, looks to have a small amount of trouble getting the bigger bots out though, they look to get stuck on the elasic holders
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

There appears to be a problem if the robot is fully up on the flipper it tries to lift the full weight in one go and throw it almost vertically. If you flip with only part of the robot on th flipper it only tends to lift that end and throws it more horizontally. I am looking at puting some stops on the flipper to limit how far up the flipper the other robot can get.
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Pete, who's it going to replace on your AWS team?
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Replace I thought I would get the rules changed as they are becoming inconvienient to me and run all five. :roll:
Only joking it will probably be Combatant or Defiant.
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Personally I'd replace Defiant.
Remote-Controlled Dave

You could always get someone else to drive it, then you could enter all 5...ha. I agree, keep Combatant in. It hasnt missed an event in some form....well, since it was built has it?
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I am not sure that taking advice from the opposition is a good idea but I know what you mean. Deep down I would prefere to use Combatant but if we are using and arena that a spinner can fly off in all four directions ie only a low wall on two sides then Defiant has a better chance of success. Mutant has to be used as the 4th robot must be a walker and Variant is a much more stable spinner than Combatant and being a bit slower less likely to drive out of the arena. I have finally found a way to practice my driving using one of my minisumo's in the minisumo arena. I have had one quick try with my slowest mini sumo and it seemed quit good so I might try it with the faster ones.
Remote-Controlled Dave

Dammit, he's on to us. :P
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I now have fully automated reload on the flipper. I just press the throttle cut button on the DX6i and the flipper fires then automatically reloads and set back to the ready to fire position. See Video:
http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n66/ ... alflip.flv
It seems to take about 1 sec to reload.