New Robots

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Critters

Post by Critters »

Hmmm, so simple and it works so well. Do you think if you got hit had enough it will release the latch?

Maybe I should use this idea for a hammer bot. It won't be for a long time though and if you won't mind me taking the latching idea Pete
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

The impact from a modern spinner could be more than enough to release the catch. By all means use any of the idea's they have mostly been used else where anyway.
team tiny terror

Post by team tiny terror »

hi im making a new ant it will either be called

setanta
or
santa

heres the spec
Motors:x2 Typhoon micro 3/3D
Batterys:need help finding 2 11.1v lipo batterys weighing 30 grams or under and a charger plus a power suply need help asap
RX:futuba (cant remembe the name ill try find it)
Electronics:x2 10A esc's
Armour:5mm polocarbinite

well thats just about it
just a couple of questions will this be fast (as in like fast) and will it have quite a bit of torque (enough to push a full can of coke).

Cheers in advance

Tim
"You say jump we say how high"

RATM
team tiny terror

Post by team tiny terror »

another question will 2 of these batteries http://www.indoorflyer.co.uk/250mah-cell-186-p.asp be strong enough to run 2 3/3d motors considiring they need 7.4v to run
"You say jump we say how high"

RATM
Team Orr

Post by Team Orr »

it look's ok, might need to cool it a bit or just keep a eye out (my lipo gets hot very quickly).

i happen to own a 11.1 cell battery that is 10g's, and may i just say now that it took me a long time to find it (thank's scott :P ) look on overlander or robot-bird's.com and you might find something...

hope this helps

jack
"if it wasn't for Edison we'd be watching TV by candlelight"
Jack Orr
Team Orr Robotics
Critters

Post by Critters »

whoa 2 brushless motors?

For drive?
wow that's going to be one fast bot. Very fast.
May be a bit heavy though. Two 24g motors with two 6.55g batteries and two about 13g ESCs. And a receiver which is anywhere from 4g to 20g

So in all that's about 95.1g if you used an 8g receiver and the two ESCs where 13g.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Having found all sorts of problems trying to carry another robot I have for the moment at least returned to a not too impressive flipper. This uses one servo and I have added a self righting mechanism as it has a tendancy to fall on its back. Here it is with Defiant and its a lot easier when the opponent is stationary.
http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n66/ ... =flip3.flv
The servo has enough power for two more elastic bands which improves the throw but then the self righter doesn't always work.
nate200789

Post by nate200789 »

I've been waiting soooo long to finally be able to post here! Well here it is. I present to you Antagonize! Its not done yet. Everything is just taped and bluetacked together and the top isn't made yet, but it works!

The first two links are pictures of how it looks now.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/D ... G_1496.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/D ... G_1515.jpg

This next link is a short movie that I made. Like I said I didn't make the top yet so I cant ram the little cardboard box head on. By the way the little box is filled with 200g of coins.
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/D ... I_1518.flv

I also finally came up with the team name! Combat Laboratories. When I get the top made I will shorten the wires and stick things in better with sticky pads.

I almost forgot about the stats!
Armour: 0.75mm. polycarbonate
drive: 2x 50:1 gear motors
speed controller: sabertooth 5
battery: custom made 160 MAH. 6 volt battery pack
reciever/transmitter: the transmitter package from Bidproducts
overall weight (including the estimated top armour):134g
Thanks!
Nathan Finger, Team Combat Laboratories
Team Orr

Post by Team Orr »

looking good

jack
"if it wasn't for Edison we'd be watching TV by candlelight"
Jack Orr
Team Orr Robotics
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

Pretty impressiv speed and you seemed to have some control over it. Just a tip, when you build it, try and get the cables as far away from the sides of the robot. Alot of times a spinner cuts a cable or arial becuase its hanging outside the robot.
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!