AWS20

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Flippt

Post by Flippt »

I loved Fredrik Ljungbergs headgoal after 89 minutes in yesterdays match :), perfect timing.

Will be fun to see how Sweden vs. England goes.
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

It's OK, I've had a word with Sven... England will soundly thrash Sweden :wink: so there will only be 3 people rushing off to watch Germany v Sweden at the airport! :lol:
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
olivers

Post by olivers »

That was a bit harsh Gary. I think thrash is a bit strong, by recent performances 1-0 will do. That Ruud Gullit bloke will be gutted.

We will know Tue night who is in the 2nd round for group A and B.
petec

Post by petec »

Gary, my girls have got swimming lessons first thing so I'm likely to be there more 10.30 than 10. I'm bringing Dave as well.

Let me know if you want me to bring anything other than the usual. What's the lighting like in the hall? (Can't remember).

Based on previous Swed/Eng games I reckon a sound 0-0 is most likely :-)
------------
RobotWars101.org
RobotWars101.co.uk
Antweights.com
Antweights.co.uk
AntweightWorldSeries.com
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Hi guys

That bus to Mile Oak from the brighton bus depot, how long does it take ?

I am cutting it very fine, I'll be at the depot for 9:40, so I hope that its less than 50 minutes
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Pete, 10:30 is OK as it's you (and Dave). The hall lighting is basically lots of big south-facing windows, so if we can stand the greenhouse effect we should be OK for light. Otherwise we will have to shut the curtains and I suspect the electric lights aren't up to much.

RazerDave: The bus should take around 30 mins. It might be fairly packed when you get on, but it will empty out after about 2 stops (shopping centre) and be fairly quick and quiet out to our backwater.

Everyone: If you have an extension lead, please bring it. The hall is not too well blessed with power points :(
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
josh

Post by josh »

rhys: i got randar and duff have put some printing acitate on the front of randar that sticks out quite a bit so wen i pu it down its pressed into the floor (i weighed it and there is enuf weight left to do a cover is it ok if i make a top piece out of polycarb jst to protect the batts and all that
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Does anyone who doesn't have a full team (Scott?) want to help me out driving half my cluster? I can drive them both if need be, but if anyone wants to then that would help.
A quick note, I wont be online anymore for an unspecified period of time (we've just moved house and I'm leaving Uni tomorow), so if anyone fancies it, just let me know on the day.
See you all there then!
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
BeligerAnt

AWS20 Arrangements

Post by BeligerAnt »

Guys

Because of the huge number of entries plus the minisumo, superants and fleas, there will not be time to run a double-elimination competition :(

Double-elimination resulted in 80 fights. Since we usually average only about 20 fights per hour, there simply would not be enough time to fit everything in.

Thus I propose to go back to the system of having a non-spinner competition in the morning, followed by a single-elimination AWS.

The non-spinner competition will be limited to one robot per team. Luckily there are 16 teams attending so that's a nice, straightforward competition consisting of 16 fights.

The AWS will be run with first-round melees, eight 4-way melees plus four 3-way melees. One robot will be eliminated from each melee with 3 (or 2) going through to the next round. This then gives 32 robots in a straight one-on-one knockout, a total of 44 fights.

Everyone still gets at least 2 fights, and we get time for supers, fleas and minisumo.

[Dons Nomex suit and awaits reactions...]
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

So I spent all this time sorting both my AW's out and I can only use 1 ?