New Robots

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

Surely if the tape is there to cause hasstle then it is an entaglement weapon. ALthough tape is about 0.1mm thick so you need at least 10 layers.
TEAM GEEK!
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

At least ten layers is good. lol. I don't use tape as a weapon, no one ever gets caught up in it. Its part of the armour and general construction of the bot. You could say exposed wires can be used as an entanglement weapon too, but sometimes we just cant help them with these spinners around.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Duff Said: is he still doing those ?
Yes he is
Marco Roberts

Post by Marco Roberts »

I think tape is a bit too out of date now. It used to work back at around aws 8/9 but now it just gets shredded
<-=AWS 10 1st and 2nd champ=->
<-=AWS 13 1st and 2nd champ=->
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

I wouldn't be so sure of that, Dave's robots stood up very well to a bashing from the spinners at AWS 19
Remote-Controlled Dave

I fought Fleabite with no damage whatsoever, Combatant with no damage whatsoever and MBY, who caused a little bit of damage but not much. I won all of those fights. Tape rules if you know how to use it! lol
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Cavecrusher

Post by Cavecrusher »

Dave26 wrote:MBY, who caused a little bit of damage but not much. I won all of those fights.
You were very very lucky....

btw, a question about the above fight, why don't we have the simutaniuos knock-out system like in the US, the initiater of the hit wins.
Something i think is fair considering the 50% drop off rule.
Remote-Controlled Dave

I was lucky yeah, but the result wasn't to do with me, so.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

Cavecrusher wrote: btw, a question about the above fight, why don't we have the simutaniuos knock-out system like in the US, the initiater of the hit wins.
Something i think is fair considering the 50% drop off rule.
How do you mean? The robot that makes the final hit wins? Even if it goes out the arena?
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Yeah, I think it's a bit unfair. I've been on both ends of this, and everytime I think the spinner has deserved the win. Obviously if a spinner goes out and the other robot is fine, the the other robot should win. But if a robot is immobilised by a spinner that goes out of the arena, then the spinner should win.

The current system seems to favour heavily armoured pushers, and punish powerful spinners, which in my opinion is a shame. We'd all be very disapointed if the likes of DBA, Mutant, Combatant and MBY were to be replaced with a bunch of weaponless wedges.

But as I've said in another post, these are fundamental rules, and I don't see the comittee changing them any time soon.