AWS19

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

josh

Post by josh »

i meant last time u left them at home simon :P
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

I've already knocked up some certificates Hib. Not the bestest quality of all time, but its what they stand for that counts. :D . lol.
Tropheys are a bit out of my league, but there's always the main ant trophey if you win. Thats if Tim remembers to bring it. lol.

David, if you can get to Oxford, there are trains, but to get to Hull for 11:12, you would have to get a half 6 train (I had to set off at 5am to get to Banbury for the last event!).
The problem with getting a lift is most people are coming down and staying on overnight, so unless you're willing to do that, that might be a problem...
If we can we'll get you here. I'll have a think!. Maybe get a lift down and a train back?
Can anyone help?
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Remote-Controlled Dave

Actually, thinking about it, is it just you David? Cos if it is I could probably put you up for a night. So you could come down the friday, stay over, come to the event, then go back either saturday night or sunday.
That would work if you got a lift or trains, cos you'd not be in so much of a hurry.

For example, theres a train from Oxford at 13:34 that gets to Hull at 18:08 (with only one change on route) on the friday. Then I could meet you at the station and you could crash here, go to the event on Saturday, then head off Saturday night or Sunday morning.
If that's any easier for you.
How old are you by the way?
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Cavecrusher

Post by Cavecrusher »

Dave26 wrote:Thats if Tim remembers to bring it. lol.
nay, i like it, i'll keep it at home :D
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Hiya

That sounds like a good idea dave, I may well take you up on that.

Oh, and I'm 19 BTW.
Remote-Controlled Dave

Thats alright then, so long as your alright getting the trains. Let me know and I'll sort it.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

The www.antworldseries.tk site now contains maps and all the latest info for AWS19. Dave, if you let me have some directions I will add them to the site.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

which dave ?
Remote-Controlled Dave

Me. I'll try get someone to work on directions for me (am back in Leeds now, and stuck in a bit of work). Will get back to you ASAP Simon. Why does it say enteries in by Feb the 4th? I could take them up to the 10th if need be.
Also, no one so far has registered a fleaweight. Is anyone going to, or should I replace that with something else? (We only have one registered Super so far as well, but people want to enter their ants, so that can still run if you want).
I had the idea of running an antweight Annihilator too, instead of tag team or something at the end.
For anyone who never saw an Annihilator on RW, 8 robots go in the arena and fight til one is out, then the remaining get time to quickly make repairs and then enter the arena again, keep going til theres 1 left who is the winner. Could be fun I think, what do you guys want?
Also I think we'll use Oliver's arena for the main championship, with mine there for non-spinners to practice on. The central pit on mine is a little bias against some designs, such as quick robots who like to run straight across the arena as their attack plan.
Thanks.
Me :)
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

razerdave wrote:which dave ?
Oh lol, now we got to come with a way so we wont get confused by having double names ;)
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!