Leicester Space centre - Robots Live - May 17th & 18th

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Socrates Christidis

Post by Socrates Christidis »

Andre and I are thinking of coming with our three robots; that will be only for Sunday though, if it's possible.

Socrates
robotslive

Post by robotslive »

Socrates,

Just the sunday is fine, please make a note of it in your sign up form, just so i remember.

Dave
www.robotslive.co.uk
slurp

Post by slurp »

Sounds like Minisumo will be located in the same suite as the Micromouse... still some details to drop out :)

regards,
colin
robotslive

Post by robotslive »

I think there are a number of different 'robot' things going on over the weekend. The Robots Live arena is in the centre of the main halls and is "Main staging" the event according the the NSC. The ant will possibly go in the pits area (at the side of the main arena). This is so public can come upto the arena, also see you guys on the big screen.

Dave
www.robotslive.co.uk
robotslive

Post by robotslive »

After a tip off from Pete, Ant Weights are already attending in a different room along side the main arena.

As the Space Centre have organsied this seperatly this gives us an issue in regards to TX control.

We will be using our TX control as per normal shows, im not sure whos running the ant weight side now, but can we see if its possible for the ants to use the same system, as we will have robots running all day (during shows, and pay to drives between shows).

Cheers
Dave
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

As far as I can work out the following has happend.
I agreed to bring my arena along as part of the robotslive display.
When the people organising the micro mouse were in discusions about what they would display they told the organisers they would try and get me to give an ant display as I had at last years micromouse contest. When I agreed to bring my micromouse I mentioned I was already going with the ants and this was taken as being part of the micromouse display although I did not know this until this evening. Hence I seem to be organising the ant display in the micromouse area but presumably still using the ants entered with robots live and using their frequency control to avoid clashes. I love it when a plan comes together.
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Glad you understand it all Pete :P

I was under the impression Robot's Live would have us up on the screen, but if we are elsewhere in the hall, is Marco going to be able to film us ?
robotslive

Post by robotslive »

Dave,

The space centre seem to want the ants in another room at the side, so ants might not be on a screen after all.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Dave at robotslive is it just razordave and I again this weekend or have any other ants signed up and do you know what time we should be there to set up.
robotslive

Post by robotslive »

Pete,

Theres a couple of other ants coming as well. An email is going out now with times etc.