AWS22

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Cavecrusher

Post by Cavecrusher »

i might have a problem switching to another frequenty, they both use micro cristals.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Thats OK as long as they are completely seperate and dont rely on shared batteries, receivers or transmitters. In that case they should be entered as part of the other team. The whole point of having the rule is to avoid too many delays and clashes during the event, If it wasn't I could enter all 7 of mine. Dont worry to much Tim I shall be putting frequency clashing robots into different groups where possible just as with robots from the same team so if problems do crop up later we should be able to get round it. I do have some of the micro crystals if all else fails.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Right I have now updated the entry frequency chart to reflect the latest entries so if you could just check your frequencies.
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n66/ ... 6/freq.jpg
It looks as though we shall exceed the 32 entry mark which means 8 groups. I have generated a chart below showing how the groups would be set up if this was the final list.
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n66/ ... groups.jpg
Tim, Dave W and Josh would be placed into the teams shown as they have frequency clashes and this avoids them meeting until the later stages. A draw will then take place for the two four robot teams, then the four remaining 3 robot teams and so on. First drawing which is team A,B or C and then which robot in each team is in which group. Obviously this will change and can get quite complex so I will need to close the entry list midnight on Sunday 4th. So by then I will need to know which team is running Daves spare, which frequencies Craig is using and entries from Marco, Oliver and Scott plus anyone else interested. Somtimes I wonder if I am over planning this but lets try it and see how it works out.
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

is it too late to enter one more mr waller? please? sir? i'll bring u some chocolate cake, its a walker called The Hand That feeds.

Turns out i have more time on my hands than i thought at uni lol
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Thats fine there is still over a week to the closing date. Can you let me know your frequencies.
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

all mine are on 765 or 2.4GHz Cheers Pete
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

I was hoping The Hand That Feeds would appear...
With only two weeks to go there still doesn't seem to be as many signed up as usual. Hope there's some still to come. Pete, (Razer)Dave will drive Ziplock, providing it fits in his team. If not, it'll probably be Josh.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Yes I'll be driving Ziplock, Joacim can't get Little Devil ready in time for me to make a 2-flea clusterbot, so Ziplocks mine for AWS 22
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

There ya go then :D
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Right I have put Ziplock in Razordave's team and The Hand that feeds in Craigs so we now have 31 entries with just 5 days left to enter.