London Expo 28th + 29th October

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Marco Roberts

London Expo 28th + 29th October

Post by Marco Roberts »

http://www.londonexpo.com/index.shtml
(25 JUNE)
Ok Guys. I mentioned this to the majority of people at aws 20.
This is a sci-fi expo in london. This is the 10th one and I must say even if there wernt any robots I would still recomend you go as theres a lot to see. There is however a robot section were we really can show off the ant weights.

date - 28th and 29th of October
location - Excel London

full address
ExCeL Convention Centre
Royal Victoria Dock
London, E16 1XL, UK

By tube its on the Docklands Light Railway and has its own stop
This is excelent for public transport people like me.

The news so far

Well the Behmoth team are usually behind all of this. But I decided to gather the ant possey my self, and organsise a structered event
I need to see if us ant lot people can get in for free. We should be able to as I dont see why not.
If not dont worry its not the end of the world. Entry fee is only 7 pounds for an adult, 11 - 14 year olds is ?3 and under 11's is free. Considering all the different things you can do in there it could be considered a sort of entrance fee. Also there is a lot of free stuff you get while your in there.
Obveously it should be free how ever as its not fair.

Any recomendations on how we can really show off to the public would be apreciated.

P.s. For an early based sign up just post in this topic
How many of you will be attending and how many ants you plan to bring.
This will give me a figure that I can use.

(11 JULY)
Ok so the news is as follows

We can get in for free. Basically we need to let kain know in advance and who exactly is going. I will set a two team member limit, that means that who are going are genuine roboteers or a roboteer gardian. If you have extra people going, then of course they are welcome to come but will have to pay.

If you have a feather weight then you are welcome to bring it as Jono will be there with an arena and that means there should be some basic feather weight fights. Even if its half built it could still be a good idea to bring it as you can show people how these things are made. If you have a heavy weight then you are high enough on the food chain to apply to acomindation. Send an email to Ant to equire about it ant@lantruck.com

If you need to know a few local places were you can stay then email me, or leave a messege and I will look into it for you.

Ok so I will need to sign up now dead line (31st August). After that time you are still welcome to sign up but I am afraid you will have to pay.
Pleae please please only sign up if you are sure you can go. If you have signed up and cant go then please let me know before the 31st.
If you dont do all this then you will make me angry, and you wont like me when im angry.

Heres what I need to know

Team Name
Dates attending
Team Captain
Team Member
Robots (mention if its a feather, ant weight, flea ect)
contact email

Any one who is able to bring an arena please let me know.
Last edited by Marco Roberts on Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<-=AWS 10 1st and 2nd champ=->
<-=AWS 13 1st and 2nd champ=->
Marco Roberts

Post by Marco Roberts »

I just had an idea
I have a bunch of cheap cdr's
I could make loads of vcd's (which work on dvd players)
I could compile a 30 minute clip of ant weight combat (I have a few fight videos recorded on my digi cam)
and hand them out to the VERY intrested people
Simon and pete C could donate a few very good fights ( im talking about 3) to put on it and I could heavely mention over it to buy the full fights online if they want to see more.
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Hi Marco,

Nice one. We're planning to come on Sunday.

I'll bring all my usual, and at least one, perhaps two pay to drive type robots. I guess we need an arena as well... any volunteers to carry that along?

We need to print flyers, and the cdr's are a good idea. Marco, I'll send you copies of some RRCs to you can pick what you want.

Simon
Adam Hargreaves

Post by Adam Hargreaves »

i'll be at uni then, so i'll be far nearer London than i am now (about half way there compared to now) so i might be able to make it. Are we saying non-spinner, or are we going no-holds barred? If school let me, i'm gonna make an arena next week-beats being stuck at home, lol
Team 'In Theory'
Marco Roberts

Post by Marco Roberts »

No should be non spinner combat. Unless theres some challenges that people would like to make.
Marco Roberts

Post by Marco Roberts »

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/3346777

heres some pics of the last expo

and heres two vids

http://media.putfile.com/Londonexpo

This is fast dalek vs Ct

http://media.putfile.com/behmothlondonexpo
Last edited by Marco Roberts on Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Marco, I think you need to make the photobox share public before we can see it.

Simon
Marco Roberts

Post by Marco Roberts »

that should work now.
petec

Post by petec »

I'd certainly be interested in helping out. I can probably come up for at least one day and can certainly knock up a sampler DVD to give away - some of the unbranded ones are as cheap as CDs now.

We could do some demo spinner fights (if we have an enclosure) using sacrificial pushbots - you know, cardboard box on wheels - think Not-A-Box. It would certainly pull in the punters.
------------
RobotWars101.org
RobotWars101.co.uk
Antweights.com
Antweights.co.uk
AntweightWorldSeries.com
Adam Hargreaves

Post by Adam Hargreaves »

i'll happily fight a spinner with any of mine (kamikazee). as long as i have one left, i don't really care, lol

still hope to be there :)
Team 'In Theory'