AWS20

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Flippt

Post by Flippt »

Woo! I forgot that Flippt! made it to a second place in the non-spinner combat :D. Now I will come to AWS21!
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
slurp

Post by slurp »

BeligerAnt wrote:The full results for the AWS, non-spinner comp and minisumo can be found at http://www.antworldseries.tk
I think Tom deserves a note on last minute sumo mods... he went away with "Kill It 3000" added some weight and (double sided) sticky tyres and pushed "Insumontable" in to the three matches before he got the win in the re-match.

regards,
colin
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Nathan took some photos and I've put them up on http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/3342539

Simon
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

The second round of minisumo didn't get completed so I didn't post the results, so here they are now...

Artificial Stupidity withdrew, the other results were:
Insumountable 2, Kill It 3000 1
Bananna3 0, Insumountable 2
Kill It 3000 1, Origami 0 (incomplete)

Paula phoned the Council today, they were very apologetic and offered us a full refund! :)
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
slurp

Post by slurp »

yea, kids leapt in and seemed to enjoy playing with the bots - seemed like a good idea to let them, probably should have got the other dohyo out & carried on.

:D
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Hiya

Congrats to Hib :) About the lost property: A blue Futaba charger and a roll of black tape, they're mine :)
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Not much after-event chatting going on, but I've got nought to chat about, because all mine failed:

FIN: Battery decided to die, and now works fine :P
Baby Hell: wheels didn't touch the floor, and then a servo stopped working, worked now though
Stewie: one speed mod came unglued, and the little axle that hold in the gear that engages with the servo-motor slipped out of place under any load, hence it worked when I held the robot up

My only good memory was knocking Dynamite out with Pete's Dominant (Thanks for that Pete)

So what did you guys learn from AWS 20 ? Improvements ? Hindsight as to a certian fight ?
olivers

Post by olivers »

I am halfway there with the AWS20 stuff.

Pictures and details are here:

http://www.antweight.co.uk/results/ws20/ws20.htm

I think Nathan took better pictures than me personally.

Normal rules apply, take any pics of your own ants and upto 5 others with a link to antweight.co.uk Drop me a mail if you want any high res pics.

That is the direct link, I am modifying a few pages over the next few days so will update the front page then.
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

I'd just like to thank Josh for making the effort with my robots. It's never easy driving someone elses robots. And from what Dave tells me, they went a bit mental.
razerdave wrote:So what did you guys learn from AWS 20 ? Improvements ? Hindsight as to a certian fight ?
I learnt to be careful when you book holidays :P