AWS19

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Yes, I was trying to say the same thing as Gary, but he put it better than me as usual.

Pete, it was aimed at walkers only until the committee meeting at the end of AWS18, where Andrew turned up with a flea as half of a cluster on Scotts team, but still had four ants of his own too. Craig said that, as we want to encourage clusters as much as walkers, then the "4th" robot of a team could be either a walker, a full cluster, or half a cluster with another team (in which case it would count as number 4 for both teams, like Gary said). Clusters don't get the weight advantage though.
I intend to run it this way for AWS19 if the issue comes up, unless of course anyone objects?
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Remote-Controlled Dave

Yes, I was trying to say the same thing as Gary, but he put it better than me as usual.

Pete, it was aimed at walkers only until the committee meeting at the end of AWS18, where Andrew turned up with a flea as half of a cluster on Scotts team, but still had four ants of his own too. Craig said that, as we want to encourage clusters as much as walkers, then the "4th" robot of a team could be either a walker, a full cluster, or half a cluster with another team (in which case it would count as number 4 for both teams, like Gary said). Clusters don't get the weight advantage though.
I intend to run it this way for AWS19 if the issue comes up, unless of course anyone objects?
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Cavecrusher

Post by Cavecrusher »

ok

ok

ok

ok
Remote-Controlled Dave

Sorry guys, the computer screwed. :roll:
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

Yeah right, you did that on purpose just becuase to get more posts ;)
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

I did indeed have a flea as a 5th robot, but i saw it as scotts team and i was a driver for him. However, i will not be entering a flea for a while.
TEAM GEEK!
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

With all due respect to Craig him saying somthing doesn't make it law. As I remember it the committee agreed that a cluster bot would count as one of your entries but I don't remember it being extra to the limit of three rollers. Having said that my memory isn't what it used to be and it never was that good so maybe some of the other committee might like to comment on that. :roll:
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

I don't remember it clearly either. Sorry

Simon
Remote-Controlled Dave

I can't have made it up can I?
Well, do the commitee want to vote on it now then? I personally don't see a problem with the ruling, but the officials have got to have to final say. I don't think the situation is going to arise anyway like, cause there aren't many fleas around.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

I'm sure you didn't make it up Dave.

My memory is a sad shadow of what it was pre-kids. Perhaps we should take minutes next time, and if it's not a problem for AWS 19 then we could discuss it again.

Simon