AWS19

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Remote-Controlled Dave

AWS19

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

OK, I may be jumping the gate here a bit, as we havent had 18 yet, but I'll go ahead anyway.
I'd like to host AWS19. I've just moved to Uni, and there seem to be three suitable venues to scout out, and that's just in three days, so reakon I should make it clear now and ask if anyone objects or would rather someone else did it.
It would be in a little village on the outskirts of Leeds called Horsforth, for those of you wanting to check rough routes.
Please let me know any objections now, so I dont start on a lost cause scouting venues and that.
Also, is there a set amount of time that has to elapse between 2 AWS's? Craig's is early November, I'm thinking early/mid January time. Is that too short?
Let me know guys, so I know whether to go ahead or give up.
Cheers.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

If we can make the date then we'll be there.

RRC8 is Jan 28th, so you may want to leave it a month before or after?

Simon
olivers

Post by olivers »

It's normally around late Feb, have a look here:

http://www.antweight.co.uk/results/results.htm
josh

Post by josh »

i should be able to make it but leeds may be to far dunno but sounds cool
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Dunno about this one. It's a very far away. I don't fancy driving all that way, and the train prices are ridiculous. I'll probably be there though..
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Some of us have been to Leeds for an AWS before. As long as it doesn't involve the infamous Leeds one-way system then "just outside Leeds" is fine by me!

If you can also arrange for no road works or traffic jams on the M1 that would be cool. :wink:

For purely selfish reasons, I would suggest the 18th Feb, as it's the end of our half-term week down here so we could travel up on the Friday and back on the Sunday. I just don't fancy a 600-mile day-trip!

(Unfortunately not all areas have the same half term weeks, so it might not suit everyone...)
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

:cry: I am normally in Lancashire for RRC and this AWS could be up north when i am in reading, although i will try and make it.
TEAM GEEK!
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

well, same as AWS 18, I wont be able to come to this one guys, still have to wait untill aws 20 :cry:
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

the train prices are ridiculous
Yea, thats true Rhys, but seen as though I have to pay 'em to get to all other events, balances me out.
As long as it doesn't involve the infamous Leeds one-way system then "just outside Leeds" is fine by me!
Gary, it cuts out the whole one-way system as far as I'm aware...
I would suggest the 18th Feb
Gary's purely selfish reasons get it, I'll try find a venue for this date then, if people want to pencil that in as a rough guide for now.

Also, I reakon this event may be slightly smaller, due to people saying they might not make it, so its a good job its number 19. Reakon we should try and kick it off big time for the 20th!

Recap then: Somewhere near Leeds, 18th Feb. Rough details for now.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
petec

Post by petec »

My purely selfish reasons are the same as Gary's so that sounds like a great date to me :-) We should be able to go.
------------
RobotWars101.org
RobotWars101.co.uk
Antweights.com
Antweights.co.uk
AntweightWorldSeries.com