AWS19

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Hi All, I'm a new guy to the Antweight business (driven a few, but currently making one)

The name's David By the way.

So has there been any further details produced for the location/time of AWS 19, as I would very much like to attend.

Also, whilst I'm here, anyone got any Naro Pico servos for sale or to trade ?
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Hi David, welcome to our forum.
I'm Dave as well and I'm hosting AWS19 in Hull on the 18th of February. Theres a postcode for the venue somewhere on this thread, or a map on the registration page (a link at the bottom).
Any more info required?
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Adam Hargreaves

Post by Adam Hargreaves »

(sorry if this is a duplicate post-school internet isn't working properly as usual)

This is just to announce that all 4 of my robots will be entering AWS 19 bearing a livery with AWS18 written on it. THis is my way of protesting against the implementation of rules which are unofficial and also pointless. THis situation has arisen after the threatened disqualification of all 4 robots due to the fact I only possess one Rx and intended to swap it between them. There is no rule which states that each robot needs it's own Rx, or that an Rx may not be shared, and such a rule, I feel is unnecessary, as it is the owner's discretion whether he wants each robot to have an rx or not. The arguement of time taken to swap rxs holding up proceedings is also invalid, as I have designed them to be quickly swappable, in accordance with the rule about a quick turnaround.

I have managed to order a spare Rx, which may or may not turn up, but even if it does, I still intend as far as possible to run all 4 bots on the 1 Rx.
Team 'In Theory'
olivers

Post by olivers »

Do you mean the crystal or the whole Receiver.

Ideally you want something that can be changed in 2 mins at best between matches.
Adam Hargreaves

whole rx. and I can change it in about 1 min-I knew that is an offical issue, so I made sure.
Team 'In Theory'
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Protests? Liveries? Come on guys lets not turn this into F1.

I've always been of the opinion that if you have more than 1 robot they should be independant and share no parts. After all, a reciever is just another parts of a robot, so whats to stop you cnahging the servos and the batteries and servos too, and having several robots with just the one set of components. But thats just my opinion. maybe the rules should be clearer, but if the comitte says no, then you have to live with it.

Protest if you must, but you're doing nothing to help the sport/hobby. But I think it would be far more productive and diplomatic to speak directly to the people involved, rather than use your robot as a platform to have a sly snipe at those concerned.
olivers

Post by olivers »

What are the new controversial rules people are concerned about anyway? Been a while since I looked at them.
Adam Hargreaves

Duff, I'd agree that changing servos and stuff is going too far, and I'm not doing that-I'm just utilising an expensive component that is hard to come by in more than one robot, cos i can't afford to have one receiver per bot, and can only just afford 2 to go between them. I shared my Rx between 2 Ants and my Super at AWS17, and there was no problem.

Oliver-I'm protesting about Dave threatening to stop me entering my 4 robots if they share 1 rx, particularly as i am breaking no rule in doing so.
Team 'In Theory'
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

I would think that it is the same as changing crystals, if you can do it in under 2 minutes all day and it does hold up competeting too much then there shouldn't be much problem
TEAM GEEK!
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

How childish is this?
Can I just say I told Adam he can run 2 robots off one reciever, but not all four, because if his reciever takes a hit in his first fight, all four of his robots are out because he has no spares, and then I have to run around reorganising the fight draw and order. Thats what I said.
Protests and liveries?
You dont HAVE to come Adam, its your choice. I'm just not rearraging the whole event around you if your reciever happens to die.
Maximum 2 robots sharing a reciever please, though I dont think this effects anyone else. This is a fair and just request, whats next? Taking a swipe at Simon because he only allows three robots per event at the RRC's?
Please, grow up.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39