AWS 17

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Flippt

Post by Flippt »

Yeah, I wonder if Pete C actully taped the whole tag team, as the camera didnt seemed to be recording, same with other fights.
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
Johan N?ss

Post by Johan N?ss »

paul

Post by paul »

just veiwed some vids of 8t88 and it works a similar way i though, but i was wondering how on earth you expected to last even a single fight....
petec

Post by petec »

I didn't record the tag fights mainly because they started without me realising - I was trying to sort out some other things. Most of the tape is the main event plus the loser's event afterwards. I think there may be the final of the tag on there.

The video is dumped to hard disk, but the editing and processing takes time and I can only do it in short bursts. It will take a few weeks but should be done well before RRC.
------------
RobotWars101.org
RobotWars101.co.uk
Antweights.com
Antweights.co.uk
AntweightWorldSeries.com
Marco Roberts

Post by Marco Roberts »

Oh my good lord 8t88 is literly exactly the same as my first ever ant weight back before aws2. I dont know if any of u remember the old TINWEB forums. Well at the top was a post Nuckler Power (i know its spelt wrong). Well that was my ant using that same drive motion.
BTW im afraid it doesnt count as a walker. It uses circular motion to move. IE not legs going up and down. Main reasson why I gave up on it.
<-=AWS 10 1st and 2nd champ=->
<-=AWS 13 1st and 2nd champ=->
paul

Post by paul »

its not a walker i agree, its a shuffle-bot. walkers and shuffle-bots have the same weight limit however.
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

I had the "walker, not walker" discussion with Pete Waller at the event. The way I chose to drive it (the easier way!) is not a walker motion no, but it could do other things if the need was there. For example, the legs could move up and down out of sink, causing it to "goose step" along, which was a walker motion, linear not circular. As for expecting to win a fight, I didnt. lol (though it did last, amazingly, to second to last in a losers melee!!). It was purely a fun experiment (though it now seems someone got there way before me!). Where have people seen a video of it going?

Anyway, the bot has been dismantelled, so, arguement over. lol. 8T89, however, is coming along nicely, and this one DEFINATELY is a walker/shufflebot. :D
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

How do you know what rank/place your robots are on?
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Your robot's profile in the antweight database *should* tell you...
Unfortunately it relies on the database being up-to-date. Currently it is very very out-of-date!

If anyone wants something done about this situation, sign up for the RW101 maintenance team with PeteC, who will be eager to give you a pile of past results to enter!
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
olivers

Post by olivers »

'How do you know what rank/place your robots are on?'

What sort of info are you after, ranking for all WS the ant has taken place in, just AWS17 or something else?

I used to do it for the WS and have a few on my site but it takes up a bit of time. Let me know what your after and I may be able to sort it out.