AWS 62 - Summer/Autumn 2021

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

minionhunter

Re: AWS 62 - Summer/Autumn 2021

Post by minionhunter »

Would two arenas help any with this? It's likely people in the building and not bots in the contest though so maybe not.
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

Hi friends! Is there any update as to what date this might run? Thanks!
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
TeamPanoramic

Post by TeamPanoramic »

The proposed date is July 31st, the venue should be Gloucestershire area. All however is subject to change.

There are no plans to run two arenas, I’m not quite comfortable with taking this on board.
MySolderIsOlder

Post by MySolderIsOlder »

Hi EO,

Just wondering if there's any update on the date (given changes to the Govt's relaxation timetable) and/or location for AWS62...?
Stuart (Tony's dad)
TeamPanoramic

Post by TeamPanoramic »

UPDATE:

Following the governments decision to delay the ending of COVID restrictions, this does mean that there will be a delay on when AWS 62 can be held.

Initially the plan was to host the event on the 31st of July but with the ending of restrictions delayed until the 19th, it would not work out I would not be ideal in terms of organising and for the competitors considering the short time span between the two dates.

A new date will be decided but this will mean that the event will not go ahead in the Summer to allow extra time and to avoid clashing with other events. Just to be safe in case restrictions do need to be delayed again, the event is likely to take place around early October to mid November time.

I will keep you updated on the situation and should have a new date for AWS 62 before the end of the summer.