AWS 61 - Wolverton, Milton Keynes - 15th March 2020

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

James Williams

Re: AWS 61 - Wolverton, Milton Keynes - 15th March 2020

Post by James Williams »

Thanks to the MKBFC crew for what was a great event, am already looking forward to Roboshowdown.
Kyro

Post by Kyro »

a huge thank you to everyone that managed to get to the event.

we didnt manage to break the world record (113 entered in the end) but given the circumstances recently, this was merely a practise run leading up to the actual record breaking event and a final number i am still proud of.

for those who decided to sit this one out, we know how hard a decision that must have been, but we also extend our thanks to you for putting everyone's health first.

its great how everybody pulled together at the end to help us clear up... it took a good half an hour to set all the tables and chairs up in the morning, however it was only about 10 mins to pack everything away, pack the tables and chairs away, sweep, bag up any rubbish and be ready to leave.

so another big thank you to you all.

i cant wait until the next event :)
Team Rocket
Trappist 1(4wd grab 'n' lift)
Ton 618 (4wd expanding bot)
Io(4wd flipper)
JMD

Post by JMD »

Are they going to Do AWS 62 :?:
James Williams

Post by James Williams »

JMD wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:42 pm Are they going to Do AWS 62 :?:
They are still working out the details at the moment. I believe Chris Malton is likely to be hosting it sometime around June/July. Whether that will be at Rugby again or not hasn't been decided yet.
TimPerry

Post by TimPerry »

Everything was so crazy I also forgot to put a donation in the box! If you let me know PayPal details that would be great.

Fantastic event, me and Flynn had a great time and was very happy with Wedgie Wedgie getting so far in the comp.
Villanelle (Vert)
Dozer (pushbot)
Flippinbot (flipper)
Mini Roll (drum spinner)
Wedgie Wedgie (cluster)
MichaelG92

Post by MichaelG92 »

Thank you to everyone who played a part in organising this event, I had a great time as always even without a great record on the day!
Michael - Team MG Robotics

Fledgling Surrey based roboteering team

Antweights:

MicroNewton - flipper
ArmamAnt! - pusher
GFB - flipper (under construction)
Fight or Flight - flipper (under construction)
tomboys

Post by tomboys »

Another thank you to everyone who organised the event, I had a great time as well. The first fight Up the Antie has won since RoboShowdown in August, and Push Comes to Shove maintained it's record of having 3 wins and 2 losses at every event it's ever gone to. Vertigo was a bit of a flop, but is being improved!
Tom Boys (Team Tomb)
Up the Antie - Flipper
Push Comes to Shove - Shovebot
Vertigo - Vertical spinner
Bar Bar Black Sheep - Bristlebot (planned)
MySolderIsOlder

Post by MySolderIsOlder »

OMG - just watched the video (thanks Harry!) Had no idea that Recycler got the award for "Most Destructive Robot" - Anthony will be absolutely over the moon. Unfortunately we had to leave early to catch a train, so we weren't around to receive the certificate. Any chance someone can send it to us (or just email copy to me so I can re-print it if easier)? Would definitely get pride of place on his bedroom wall. Having the most destructive robot is the sort of thing that means a lot to a 9-year old boy!
:D
Stuart (Tony's dad)
Eli

Post by Eli »

Certificates guy from the organising team here! We were very impressed with Recycler's big hits and you just edged this award over Wu Ben because you had more fights (plus Wu Ben got the Best Hit award). Recycler was also being considered for Best Engineered.

I will bring the physical certificate with me to the next event (whenever that may be) but for the time being, if you PM me your e-mail address I'll send you a PDF of the certificate with Recycler's name on it.

I could maybe post it but I wouldn't want it to get bent in transit.
Tolerable Music & Robotics

Fleas: Beethoven (AWS62 3rd place!)
Ants: Killbo Stabbins, Komi Can't Self-Right, Step Up
Beetles: Step Up 3D
Retired robots: Griefcase, I Hope It Rains, Flesh Prison, RILF
loftyD

Post by loftyD »

For those who forgot to donate, you can donate at PayPal to the paypal account webmaster@loftyd.net :)

Thanks everyone for turning up and hope you all had fun.
Team Siberian Warlords:
- Fleas: Io
- Ants: Kharuul, Mimas, Last Time At AWS, I broke Antlog, Annie wuz robbed, Triggered (Panic Attack)
- Beetles: Polly