AWS 61 - Wolverton, Milton Keynes - 15th March 2020

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Kyro

Re: AWS 61 - Wolverton, Milton Keynes - 15th March 2020

Post by Kyro »

anyone can receive the coveted cool points for the most creative ways to "do the handshake"
Team Rocket
Trappist 1(4wd grab 'n' lift)
Ton 618 (4wd expanding bot)
Io(4wd flipper)
jray

Post by jray »

Good news.
We can come it now.
:)
Tufty

Post by Tufty »

MySolderIsOlder wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:33 pm For sanitary reasons, we might have to agree an alternative etiquette to the customary handshake after each fight. Maybe a martial-arts style bow - or a gentle Tx bump. :twisted:
How about we *gently* bump the actual robots? As if they themselves are shaking hands? :P
Current active ants: Scrooge McDerp | Ply-By-Wire (likely not to see competition) | Grinding Nemo | When Unicorns Go Rogue
MarkR

Post by MarkR »

Sorry, I have to miss this one, I'm already signed up (Penelope & Stacie) but won't be there. Please have fun & be well.
Robots: Betsie - RaspberryPi controlled flipper bot with gyro stablisation - too clever for her own good?
Stacie - tidy flipper; 4wd driven by hair bands
Kyro

Post by Kyro »

regarding recent events, we ask everyone attending tomorrow, to take their own rubbish home with them.

this would require everyone to bring a bag for rubbish.

we would have had a few areas with hand sanitizer available, but due to the recent bulk buying craze, we had to order online, and sadly, they have not arrived in time.

if in any doubt before or during the event, stay at/go home.

end of fight handshakes are probably not the best idea, so we have a certificate to award for the most creative way/s of having a non contact end of fight 'handshake'
please keep them short.

thanks
Team Rocket
Trappist 1(4wd grab 'n' lift)
Ton 618 (4wd expanding bot)
Io(4wd flipper)
AndrewC

Post by AndrewC »

Unfortunately I think that I'll have to pull out today. I have a hospital appointment tomorrow. And as minimal as the risk might be, I don't think it's fair for me to risk spreading anything to vulnerable people.

Hope it all goes well. See you all at the next event.
Team Biscuit

Junk In The Trunk (Wedge)
Kaizo (Dual Servo Flipper)
You Only Wedge Twice (Wedge Cluster)
Underbite (Grabber)
Predator (Origami Pusher)
Tufty

Post by Tufty »

I posted to Facebook too, but I wanted to say for those more likely to see it here that I really appreciate the work that everyone put in today. Despite my 8 defeats and one (slightly premature) withdrawal, I was made to feel extremely welcome and felt like my (late!) robots and I had been coming for years.
Current active ants: Scrooge McDerp | Ply-By-Wire (likely not to see competition) | Grinding Nemo | When Unicorns Go Rogue
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Great event thanks to all who helped organise it.
MySolderIsOlder

Post by MySolderIsOlder »

Yay for everyone who made it. Impressive turnout, despite the plague.

Sorry we weren't able to stick around and watch the final rounds & awards but with Sunday train timetables it was always going to be a long journey home. Utterly exhausted (and elbows mysteriously bruised) - but great fun was had by all.

I came with high hopes the Spin Twins would be "smoking" and so they were - just not in the manner I'd anticipated :o At least it was just the wiring and not the lipo!

As always, the whole thing was a bit of a blur, so looking forward to re-living the experience on You-tube once Harry has had time to work his magic (for which we are all immensely grateful).

ps. Ben - in all the excitement I forgot to pop a donation in the cube. Is there a Paypal a/c I can send something to?
Stuart (Tony's dad)
loftyD

Post by loftyD »

I do have a paypal account. I'll PM it you now.

Hope you all had fun yesterday; I felt it went great and would consider hosting another AWS here; we're probably going to use the venue for RoboShowdown 2 later in the year, so we'll probably see you all again there soon! :)
Team Siberian Warlords:
- Fleas: Io
- Ants: Kharuul, Mimas, Last Time At AWS, I broke Antlog, Annie wuz robbed, Triggered (Panic Attack)
- Beetles: Polly