BotFest 4 (25th April 2020)

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Ocracoke

Re: BotFest 4 (25th April 2020)

Post by Ocracoke »

With the 21st of June coming, I would have liked to have said "yes, its going ahead on the 26th" with some relative certainty but with the situation in the UK as is at the moment, I am waiting to see what the government says first before committing to this. Assuming that the 21st goes ahead as planned, then I want to run BotFest 4 on the 10th of July (to avoid clashing with RoboDojo and Rapture) at the church (see previous post for times and rules).

Prospective signup: http://antlog.garya.org.uk/event/27

Let's hope we can actually run this
Team Kaizen

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
FW: Azriel
MW: Jibril, Kaizen
Ocracoke

Post by Ocracoke »

UPDATE: This has now been moved to the 24th of July from 11:00 to 18:00
Team Kaizen

Tufty

Post by Tufty »

What's the sign-up process, or are we just turning up on the day and going from there?
Current active ants: Scrooge McDerp | Ply-By-Wire (likely not to see competition) | Grinding Nemo | When Unicorns Go Rogue
Ocracoke

Post by Ocracoke »

Use Antlog to record your entry and then its turn up on the day,
Team Kaizen

Tufty

Post by Tufty »

Thanks. I'm struggling to sign up because for some reason I can't add new robots to my account.

Edit - got it, I just can't read instructions :lol:
Current active ants: Scrooge McDerp | Ply-By-Wire (likely not to see competition) | Grinding Nemo | When Unicorns Go Rogue
Sevahri

Post by Sevahri »

Awesome to see we finally have plans to get the Ant Scene back in action, considering there hasn't been any talks of event entry total cap I'll leave my entries until closer to the time, I do plan on being there however, just depends with what!

Would like to make a couple suggestions if we plan to use the same arena, those being:
1. Perhaps an inch or so high wall beside the "pit" on one side of the arena? 1 Inch means that pushers still have a good chance of OOTAing by using their wedge, and we should get some more competition in the fights - we have a lot of people binning it down after 10 seconds in the previous events. I can bring polycarbonate and install it to the arena on the day if you do not have any spare if this idea does interest you, no worries at all.
and 2. Do we have the floor as one big piece yet? One of my biggest rivals at BotFest is the singular piece of tape connecting the floor panels! :lol:

Aside from this, I assume the tournament is sticking to its Swiss Groups format?

Hope the plans go ahead, finally something to look forward to! :)
Team AZUR
AWS 59 Champion
AWS 60 Runner Up
BotFest 3 Runner Up
-
AWS 60,59,57,55 Gladiator Winner
-
AW's:
For Fox Sake
Psychopathy
Ahri
Redrose & Bluebell
Plastic Memories
Zero Fox Given
E
Ocracoke

Post by Ocracoke »

Good to see enuthisiasm for the event is still around! :D
[...] considering there hasn't been any talks of event entry total cap I'll leave my entries until closer to the time
Makes sense. Once the government has cleared us for the 21st of June, there shouldn't be any more limits on numbers.
1. Perhaps an inch or so high wall beside the "pit" on one side of the arena? 1 Inch means that pushers still have a good chance of OOTAing by using their wedge, and we should get some more competition in the fights - we have a lot of people binning it down after 10 seconds in the previous events. I can bring polycarbonate and install it to the arena on the day if you do not have any spare if this idea does interest you, no worries at all.
I am going to be fitting a wooden wall to the open edge to the pit as part of the arena refurbishment I am going to be doing next month which should cover this. I'll also be filling in that other edge so people can't fall down the side of the arena again ;)
Do we have the floor as one big piece yet? One of my biggest rivals at BotFest is the singular piece of tape connecting the floor panels!
Yes, this came in at BotFest 3 but I don't know how level it is at the moment. If it needs replacing, it needs replacing.
Aside from this, I assume the tournament is sticking to its Swiss Groups format?
Yes. If there are a lot of entries, I may switch it to eight groups rather than four.
Team Kaizen

Sevahri

Post by Sevahri »

Ah awesome! Looking forward to it, I've got a few new Ants ready so BotFest will be a great testing ground for AWS 62! :D
Team AZUR
AWS 59 Champion
AWS 60 Runner Up
BotFest 3 Runner Up
-
AWS 60,59,57,55 Gladiator Winner
-
AW's:
For Fox Sake
Psychopathy
Ahri
Redrose & Bluebell
Plastic Memories
Zero Fox Given
E
Ocracoke

Post by Ocracoke »

Just to update given the news from the government last night - the intention is still to run BotFest 4 on the 24th of July as planned.

Obviously I wouldn't like to place a limit on numbers if it can be avoided and that is still the intention however if after the government review in two or three weeks determines there would still need to be limit on numbers, that is what will need to be in place - I don't think we've got a substantial number of entrants on Antlog to indicate this is going to be a problem (its a fairly large building) but I'll keep you all posted.
Team Kaizen

Tufty

Post by Tufty »

Given my issues with battery supply, if entries are limited to a number lower than the people entered then feel free to bump me out of the event. I'd hate to get in at someone else's expense.