AWS 59 -21st September 2019

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

SergeantQuack

AWS 59 -21st September 2019

Post by SergeantQuack »

Hello! So, you may have heard that the next AWS is to be hosted in Sheffield! You would be right!

The Sheffield University Roboteers Society will be hosting AWS 59 on the 21st September, in the Diamond building, University of Sheffield, Sheffield.

Exact timings are tbc, but we will be starting at 9am and running until about 6. The Diamond is a university owned and run building, meaning that we will be asking everyone attending (whether bringing a robot or not) to fill out an additional online form with some simple contact details so that we can fulfil our health and safety metrics.

We are aiming to get access to our student-run makerspace, the iForge, on the day to act as pits. The event is centrally located meaning that places to purchase food within a 5 minute walk are abundant, however we are currently working our way around pizza-based catering so watch this space.

We will be using the Sheffield Roboteers arena (see our videos at https://youtube.com/channel/UCWPqZRN_ZAXwTZwKopF2d8Q ) with a modification to make the floor a single piece that is solid and flat. Please ensure that your entered robots comply to standard AWS rules and all sharp ends are adequately covered.

We will be posting updates on our Facebook page ( www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=181120472342076 ). If you do not use Facebook then either follow us on Twitter ( www.twitter.com/ShefRoboteers ) or subscribe to our AWS 59 mailing list ( www.eepurl.com/dNMIqc ). I will also post updates here.

---------------UPDATE---------------

Calling all roboteers!

Saturday the 21st of September in Sheffield will be the next AWS tournament!

As it will be held in a university building, we need everyone coming to fill in a form.

There are 2 forms: 1 for participants (1 form per team), 1 for spectators (1 form per group attending).

This is due to the Health & Safety requirements of the university itself.

Finer details about venue, times, directions etc. will be provided be email once you have signed up.

For participants: https://forms.gle/iTNtqUdXHZ77qnrV7

For spectators : https://forms.gle/QpHikHMuw6wH5Zzx5

Sign ups close on the 23:59pm on Saturday 7th of September (I know its early, again the university's H&S stuff)

We will be posting updates on our Facebook page ( www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=181120472342076 ). If you do not use Facebook then either follow us on Twitter ( www.twitter.com/ShefRoboteers ); subscribe to our AWS 59 mailing list ( www.eepurl.com/dNMIqc ) or have a look on Robotwars101 ( http://robotwars101.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2900 ).

We're looking forward to hosting the event, and we hope you're looking forward to coming along!
Last edited by SergeantQuack on Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GeorgeR

Re: AWS 59 -21st September 2019

Post by GeorgeR »

Sounds great. I'll definitely be there attempting to defend the title.

Any news on whether it will be 3 or 4 entries per team? Or will it depend on numbers?
Team Zero - AWS 58 Champion!
Zero - rambot - - Axiom - axebot - - Valkyrie - drum spinner
Blueprint - rambot - - Vampire - horizontal spinner - - Particle - ???
RBMK - quad spinner gyro walker - - Duality - dual spinner gyro walker
TeamPanoramic

Post by TeamPanoramic »

Is there an update on the sign up & schedule? Checked all over social media and haven't found anything.
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Just a quick heads-up, I'm away the week before this event so if you want support with Antlog get organised sooner rather than later :)
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Ocracoke

Post by Ocracoke »

Just as a general thing, Antlog's database is showing as being locked.
Team Kaizen

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
FW: Azriel
MW: Jibril, Kaizen
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Waiting for the results from the last event to unlock it. Having some email problems... :evil:
Hopefully it will be open again this weekend.

EDIT 21:37 16/08/2019: The database is now unlocked :)
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
SergeantQuack

Post by SergeantQuack »

Hi everyone, sorry for not replying sooner - I forgot to check this.
I'll make sure to in the future.
I've stuck the update to the end of the original post.
GeorgeR wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:19 pm Sounds great. I'll definitely be there attempting to defend the title.

Any news on whether it will be 3 or 4 entries per team? Or will it depend on numbers?
Should be 4 but yeah will depend on numbers. Though because it's more north, quite a few southern people have said they can't go so numbers will probably be okay.
TeamPanoramic wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:19 am Is there an update on the sign up & schedule? Checked all over social media and haven't found anything.
Sorry about that, organising stuff with the uni was rather slow as it's not currently term time. But we've put stuff out now!
BeligerAnt wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:50 pm Just a quick heads-up, I'm away the week before this event so if you want support with Antlog get organised sooner rather than later :)
We won't be using antlog for this, but thanks anyway.
Paulmchurd

Post by Paulmchurd »

I missed sign up...can you squeeze me in? I sent in a form any way.

Thanks
SergeantQuack

Post by SergeantQuack »

Paulmchurd wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:35 pm I missed sign up...can you squeeze me in? I sent in a form any way.

Thanks
If you managed to fill a form, then you're in. I've checked our lists too and I believe you are on it. We kept it open for the rest of the weekend as nothing would've been done with it until a weekday anyway.

Incase anyone else is thinking of it, it is now too late.
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Now the forum is back up..

Thank you to the University of Sheffield for hosting a great event, and big congratulations to Sev and Sion for winning with the first cluster of to do so; Yeetus & Retreatus (HHYMC)!

See you all at the next one!