Antweight open/AWS 2019

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Hogi

Re: Antweight open/AWS 2019

Post by Hogi »

Hi guys, i've just read the above posts.

Firstly, spinners will have to have an externally accessible way of being completely shut down onboard the robot, as well as this, the entire robot must cease motion if connection to the transmitter is lost.
For non spinner robots, this will not be enforced as a rule unless the robot is deemed to have otherwise dangerous features.

Secondly, the entry limit for this event was originally just supposed to be three robots per team, however, I can now announce that the fourth entry will now be allowed but with the understanding that they may have to be cut on the day depending on the actual number of entries.

The fourth entry will have to be a walker, or a clusterbot, as per the AWS rules so i'm afraid only three rollers will be allowed to enter per team. This is to limit numbers and also to encourage diversity in entries.

Could I also give a final call to anyone who is intent on coming but hasn't signed up yet to please do so asap as ive left the sign ups open but last minute entries be a bit of an EO headache.

Thanks everyone, can't wait to see you all there. ☺

Thanks. Dan.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
Wigs

Post by Wigs »

Hi again,

Thanks for the update, I have withdrawn one of my bots and the remaining 3 should fit the criteria (will still double check tonight)

Looking forward to meeting you all on Saturday.

Cheers
Adam

Team Optimism
Not the face
Armoured "thing"
Hopper
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

Excellent. See you there. ☺
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Kyro

Post by Kyro »

thanks again for a great day and brilliant event. i look forward to next year
Team Rocket
Trappist 1(4wd grab 'n' lift)
Ton 618 (4wd expanding bot)
Io(4wd flipper)
MarkR

Post by MarkR »

Thanks for organising the event, it was great. I thoroughly enjoyed it despite getting soaked by the rain on the way there and home, and the famously terrible performance of my robots (especially Betsie).

It was an ace day, if you do another one, I'll be there!
Robots: Betsie - RaspberryPi controlled flipper bot with gyro stablisation - too clever for her own good?
Stacie - tidy flipper; 4wd driven by hair bands
Wigs

Post by Wigs »

Thanks to everyone, we really enjoyed it. Really can't say enough about the warm welcome from everyone. And top sannies!! Hope to see you all again at some other event.

Cheers
Adam

Team Optimism
Not the face
Armoured "thing"
Hopper
coolspeedbot

Post by coolspeedbot »

Me and Jessica had a fantastic time today. Everyone involved should pat themselves on the back for their efforts.
James Booth
Team Coolspeedbot

Antweights:
Killer-Wolf (2.0), Bunny-Ears (1.5), Blue-Terror (CAD).
Featherweights:
CSB 1 (retired) CSB 2 (under construction).
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

Thanks for coming everyone. We had a great time running the event and all went smoothly.

Thanks again particularly to David for bringing the laptop for antlog and to Peter for bringing the arena.

Also, thanks to Harry for recording the event and to everyone else that helped out.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I always enjoy my trips to Basingstoke and this was another great event. Thanks to Dan and family for all their efforts and look forward to the next one.
MySolderIsOlder

Post by MySolderIsOlder »

Just wanted to add my own note of thanks to Dan, to his fellow organisers and to all the other teams for making us feel so welcome at our first event. Such a great atmosphere and everyone very helpful. More than made up for the long journey. Anthony was chuffed to bits at being given lots of helpful advice on how to drive his drum spinner, which was particularly useful given that he'd never had a chance to drive it before the event.

To be honest the whole thing was all a bit of a blur for me and I completely lost track of how many fights I'd won and lost (the latter being obviously a much larger category) so I'm hoping the video footage will make it onto Youtube at some point. Still can't believe that "Try again, flail again..." didn't self destruct. Might even have done some damage if I hadn't driven it needlessly into the pit once or twice. Next time!

Anyway, lot of lessons to take on board (key one being that I need to practice my lemming-like driving skills) - but now can't wait for the next one. Roll on Oxford!
Stuart (Tony's dad)