AWS 48, Basingstoke, 21st November 2015

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Remote-Controlled Dave

Re: AWS 48, Basingstoke, 21st November 2015

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

That's also a good idea in principle. In practice, it could only take one late driver or one antlog cough for the early people to not have had any fights by the time the AWS is ready. Also, with only one laptop, any antlog running a championship would have to be seen through to conclusion before the next is drawn. As far as I'm aware you cant run one tournament, stop halfway through to run another, then go back to where the first stopped without two laptops. Could run the fleas on paper but then that draw takes longer to do, which negates starting early...
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I know the last event was a lower turnout but there were only 22 fleas and 14 nanos signed up.
We could certainly do that sort of numbers on paper and just use antlog to do the draw if a manual one takes too long.
Given the choice of maybe not having time to run the fleas and nanos and setting an early deadline for starting I think most would settle for the latter.
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

i think it will probably be best to run the fleas and nanos after the AWS as then we can judge more accurately on what kind of competition formats to run. it also ensures we deffinitely have enough time for the main AWS. i think i'd feel safest doing it like that if that's ok with everyone.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Dan, we're planning on staying in Basingstoke the night before the AWS so I can be there early to help with AntLog etc.

AntLog3 will definitely handle multiple concurrent events on a single server and should be ready by the AWS.
(AntLog2 does allow an event to be stopped and restarted, so a different event could be run in between. AntLog3 is a better solution though.)
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

BeligerAnt wrote:Dan, we're planning on staying in Basingstoke the night before the AWS so I can be there early to help with AntLog etc.
We're planning the same thing (hopefully - immigration willing! - it'll be Tracy's first event in person) so would anyone be up for a pre-AWS social get together for pizza and drinks and the general employment of time in a profitless and non-practical way?

Also, the way AntLog 3 is going, four months should just be enough time for it to get through an entire event without breaking :)
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

joey_picus wrote: Also, the way AntLog 3 is going, four months should just be enough time for it to get through an entire event without breaking :)
lol, sorry Joey! I *think* I've fixed the draw bugs now. Tomorrow I'll install it fresh and check that it works properly before releasing beta 3 for you to find the next bug with ;)
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

BeligerAnt wrote:
joey_picus wrote: Also, the way AntLog 3 is going, four months should just be enough time for it to get through an entire event without breaking :)
lol, sorry Joey! I *think* I've fixed the draw bugs now. Tomorrow I'll install it fresh and check that it works properly before releasing beta 3 for you to find the next bug with ;)
I jest ;) I suspect once it can be persuaded to actually run the draw, the actual competition-organising-macro part of it is well tested enough to hopefully work first time (famous last words?)
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

Hi Gary and Joey. if your looking to stay the night, i think theres a premier inn in town, alternatively theres a hotel that's slightly nearer to the venue but it's a bit expensive. i'm pretty certain there is also a bus that'll take you from town to the area of the venue, not that it's a very long walk or care journey though.

as for antlog, i think we'll use antlog three if it's out in time.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
JMD

Post by JMD »

I Sorry Is This Wrong.

I Put John Denny, Not 13.

I Put (Zoni 4).
haz

Post by haz »

Booked my time off so unless something major happens I'm coming to this. Now I just have to make a robot.