antweight open 2. 22nd november 2014

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Hogi

Re: antweight open 2. 22nd november 2014

Post by Hogi »

ok that's cool. just one mean garden pot.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
daveimi

Post by daveimi »

Sorry I can't quite get to this one, it's a bit to far for me this time. Planning to be at the event in Nuneaton in January if they will have me. Wabbajack 2 is taking shape slowly as money comes in.
AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

All signed up but one of our clusters has had to pull out unfortunately due to all sorts of ridiculous issues! Anyway, see you all tomorrow!

By the way, my Dad is signed up under the name Team Antivate just so you know.

Thanks!
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

thanks to everybody who came. the event went really well and i think everybody had a good time.

special thanks go to Peter for bringing the arena, Will for helping with the draws and Matt for staying until the end to help us clean up. i hope everyone had a good time and hopefully we'll be back there again this time next year :)
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Thanks Dan and family for running a nice relaxed event. It good to get a chance to chat to people like we used to be able to at the AWS years ago!

Ouchie has now decided to retire from competition following the traumatic severing of his battery link/tail by one of those nasty spinners! :o Never fear! A replacement duck will be built! 8)

My driving was well below its usual dreadful standard - I don't think I spent more than about 10 seconds in the arena in total! Thankfully did a bit better in the tag team, despite accidentally scuppering Ouchie in one fight :(
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Thank you Dan for running a realy nice relaxed event
The football and tag team competitions that we don't normaly get time for wher a realy good addition
Special thanks to the pile of robots that meant I could get out of the pit and back in to the anilaator and win it :)
Well done Rory for your brilliant driving whith SA3
And we'll done to all the winners
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Looking forward to videos
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

the videos are gradually being uploaded to youtube one by one under a playlist called antweight open 2014. will provide a link when they're all up.

my results:

fleadom fighter: fell short of the open title by quite a considerable margin but will be returning next time.

Hogi: needs a new geared motor but apart from that the damage is repairable. managed to reach play off second round in the main competition and come third with inertia two in the tag team so overall not a bad result.

Ant2D2: came up against some really nasty robots including hexa chopper and won through to about round four before going out.

Thunder strike: for once i'm not disapointed with it's performance. it even managed to pick carbon up and dump it over the wall. didn't do too badly in the annihilator either.

Transit ant: did quite well but then the reciever conked out. once i have it back working again i'm considering giving it a total rebuild, or perhaps just a partial one to make it a little bit smaller.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

What can I say? Great people, great competitions, overall fantastic event!

I thought everybody there was absolutely marvellous and really made the day absolutely awesome for me.

My robots did the best they have ever done in competition rather surprisingly because they have been rotting in a state of disrepair since AWS 45! Everybody there was just excellent and thanks to those who participated in the informal fights before and during the vent as they really made my day. It appears that my robots are actually completely resistant to spinners like Inertia 2, Permenant Forever and the like apart from Dark Matter which was a little bit more tricky! It was great to have the opportunity to test out my anti-spinner armour (worked well!), especially in the annihilators! Great fun!

Also, the robot roulette was great! Well done to the person who expertly drove AntWithTopHat! That's a tricky robot to drive even with practise! Also, I was thrilled to take control of one of my personal favourites, Flippant 2 which was absolutely fantastic; I'm just sorry I didn't do it justice on the driving front! Thanks very much to Pete for that!

Thanks to everyone at the event; you all made it incredibly enjoyable; it's such a pity we have to wait a whole year for the next one!
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Yes another great event and as people have said more relaxed than an AWS.
Thanks to Dan and helpers for a good event we managed to run double elimination in the Nano's, Fleas and Ants event with I think it was 56 ants.
I had a really good time even if both Anticyclone and Flippant need major rebuilds.
The video should be good as there was lots of damage and I especially liked the fight I think it was in the tag team when a badly damaged anticyclone draging it battery out the back actually won the fight but then I am biased.