AWS 41 - Caerphilly 27th July 2013

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Rhys

Re: AWS 41 - Caerphilly 27th July 2013

Post by Rhys »

Very nice, let's hope they don't knock me out like last time! :P

Right, as I said earlier, if everyone could aim to get there for 10am that would be great. I'll put some signs up on lamposts pointing you in the general direction, but it's not really that difficult to find. It's pretty much the only big brown building you will see. :P It looks like this:

When you arrive, can you drop your stuff off on the desks and come over to register your ants and fleas as soon as possible. There'll be a table set up for tech checks and registration. I'll be taking entries for the warmup and fleaweights, both starting at 11am, and the main AWS, starting at (hopefully) 1pm. the Warmup will be double elimination, but only one ant from each team will be allowed to enter. The FWS and AWS will also be double elimination, with a maximum of 3 rollers and one walker/cluster from each team. All pretty standard rules, but just clarifying. I'm hoping the main event will be wrapped up long before 5pm, but we have the centre until 7pm if anyone wants to mess about with tag team/annihilators afterwards.

There's a kitchen adjacent to the hall which will be stocked with plenty of sandwiches, cakes, crisps, tea, coffee & soft drinks etc. please feel free to help yourselves, it'll only go to waste if you don't eat it. :)

Oh, and as usual, if you could all bring an extension/multi plug adapter that would help out a great deal. I believe there's 8 sockets in the main hall, and I have a couple of 4-way adapters, but a couple of more sockets are always useful.

Right, that's about everything I can think of.... If anyone has any questions, just let me know.

Cheers,

Rhys
Last edited by Rhys on Fri May 29, 2015 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

I'll be there at 8 to help set up :)
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

Good luck everyone. Sounds like it will be great. Looking forward to seeing the videos later.
Hope to see everyone soon.
haz

Post by haz »

*yawn* See you guys shortly :)
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

Well... who won? Sorry I couldn't be there again btw but the plans of others yet again have got in the way :(
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

1st - Void
2nd - Ant Clank
3rd - Vertigo

Antlogs will be uploaded tonight, videos will be uploaded throughout the week. Once again, thanks to all that came and especially all that helped out.
haz

Post by haz »

Thanks for hosting :)
brilliant event, had so much fun and am so much more satisfied with my results.

cheers to all who made it a great day :D
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

I've just uploaded the antlogs for the Warm-up, Fleaweights and AWS to my dropbox, here's the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/68q9c2urkg3bpz7/kPUFgxHqZ_
ajw

Post by ajw »

Congratulations to Scott on another good win. The new void is a work of art and a thoroughly deserving winner.

Big thanks to Rhys and everyone else who helped organise/made the day happen;very smooth running and the live updates on the big screen really helped.

Thanks to everyone who voted Chomp as most innovative!

See you all at the next one.
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

Great event guys, even though my robots performed abysmally I thoroughly enjoyed myself and I have a lot of new ideas. As we speak I am armed with a cup of coffee and diving into a new sketchup for the fleaweight!

Huge thanks Rhys and grats to Scott! The big screen was a great idea also, would like to see that more often!

Next time.