AWS 40

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

EpicentrE

Re: AWS 40

Post by EpicentrE »

If there's one thing I learnt from doing the entire of the AWS39 draw and fight-calling on computers, it's that I wished I'd also had backup paper copies. Even though I'd tested everything very extensively the week before, I forgot that computers are fickle and always decide to go wrong when you're already running around sorting out umpteen billion other things.

Also, I'd be interested to know what software you're using for streaming, and which streaming service you're planning on using?
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
teamocean

Post by teamocean »

Gary, what Mark has been working on I believe is to integrate all of the draw and running order software directly with Antlog so that the whole process is a bit quicker and smoother. I'll have a chat with him this week and see how it is progressing. Failing that we will use the same setup as at AWS 37.

The stream is being handled by the uni staff as they already have everything in place.
Will Thomas
Team Shock
www.shockbots.co.uk
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

I know now I can't come, its the weekend I move back to England (Bristol)from Madrid

I would like to make my intentions clear now I would like to bid to host AWS 42 in October November, to coincide with the 16th anniversary of my team starting combat robots.

I offer to host it in Bristol again but in a larger venue, date wise I'm flexible just need to avoid Combots and the Gloucester Robot Wars/Roaming Robots event.

I know its a while away but still, if someone could mention it at the meeting that would be great.
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

I will make sure to bring it up if we have a meeting bud. Try not to clash it with my wedding though! ;-)
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

hi
we can definitely come :D
we are in the process of making a new robot called SFBB wich stands for smart fea's better brother. :-?
and as by popular demand "mean geardon pot" is back (that is the suckey spinney one) you all seemed to like it so we are fixing it :D
see you there
chris, lincoln and kenton

PS: sorry for the mess we made of the singn up
Remote-Controlled Dave

and as by popular demand "mean geardon pot" is back
YES!! :D
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
SmartBot

Post by SmartBot »

Kenton wrote:hi
we can definitely come :D
we are in the process of making a new robot called SFBB wich stands for smart fea's better brother. :-?
and as by popular demand "mean geardon pot" is back (that is the suckey spinney one) you all seemed to like it so we are fixing it :D
see you there
chris, lincoln and kenton

PS: sorry for the mess we made of the singn up
Hi
This is my new privet account
I am at this moment designing the new robot SFBB the only difference between smart flea and SFBB is that SFBB has a servo driven grabbing claw.
I hope mean Garden pot lives up to your excepection
See you there
Lincoln

PS: nice arena!
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

I have finally entered. Not sure if I will have ICant finished for this one but I could enter my new flea 'Ickle' as a cluster with someone else as a 4th entry. Think Kwijebo but smaller and more legs!
TEAM GEEK!
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Sounds interesting. I've also been working on a walking-spinner flea for the next incarnation of Warhorses, but it's not going to get done before the next AWS.

But I will have Cyklos, my fleaweight rolling spinner ready for then if you're looking for a cluster partner....
Remote-Controlled Dave

That would be an awesome cluster!
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39