Reading Robot Club 19 at Robots Live 24-25 Oct 2009

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

I'm coming to this event

Yes I'm coming
88%
No I'm NOT coming
13%

Total votes: 16

alasdair

Post by alasdair »

Ill be there with mantis, and if we finish him in time, disobidiant.
Note- I want to change my team name because my other is really stupid and random- Is this OK?

What does it mean by dietary requirements?
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

You can change your team name, they are not really important ni the world of antweights. However, it's best to choose a good one and stick with it - less confusion all round!

Dietary requirements are whether you are vegetarian, allergic to nuts, etc. i.e. you have specific requirements for your diet.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

Thanks beligerant. Does that mean they supply food?
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Yeah they do supply food, hence they ask about dietry requirements :)
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I have noticed that there are three shows.
Saturday...18:00
Sunday.....12:00 and 15:00
They haven't said what time to arrive yet but unless we are allowed to arrive early on the Saturday it looks like we will have more time on the Sunday if you can only make it on one day.
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Kudos here http://www.robotslive.co.uk/index.php?o ... &Itemid=14
The Reading Robot Club will also be attending the event, demonstrating and fighting Ant-weight robots. These little robots weigh in at just 150 grammes and are a great way to get into the sport.
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

You can Arrive when you please, but you will be hanging around until 18:00 to have an audience which is what we want.

I'll be thereall day to help set the arena up
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Is there an entry list any where for the antweights. I know it always changes a bit on the day but at least I could start to get the list together.
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

I'm not sure about that Peter, the sign-in was down when I tried it, but others used it successfully.

Can I shout out to all antweight roboteers coming to this event, please bring plenty of batteries and chargers, I want to run all day for both days, which is a bit longer than the three minutes that most of you (except veterans of Brighton Model World) are used to. I get very bored having only my robots left after two or three hours, so as well as your competitive ants, bring something along that just about fits in a four inch cube, is a little overweight, but runs off a 9V Duracell or very large LiPo and runs all day!

Simon
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

I don't know if I'll be able to cobble together more than Jigsaw Puzzle and LYT to be honest :P I've got a fair few spare lipos and just obtained a new lipo charger as well, so I'll bring along all those.
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"