AWS 18

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

The registration website is set to show entires closed at 00:00am on tuesday no-one will be able to enter after that point its a safety and control measure.

With jus over a day to go I have 41 antweights 8 superants and 6 fleas all in all the biggest AWS event so far, beating the previous biggest AWS9 my first one.

Will also bring up AWS20 at some point too.

Directions should be with u tomorrow or Tuesday, problem is I dont live in Banbury and am having to rely on someone else but its a pretty big unmissable venue if u get to Banbury its in the town centre surrounded by multi storey car parks with lots of access to a shopping mall and the towncentre itself
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

Yes, I am entering, Void and my half of EPZ. I'll send in my entry tomorrow, sorry for being slow :P
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

Just been sent this

The full postal address is:

Banbury Town Council
The Town Hall
Bridge Street
BANBURY
OX16 5QB

Tel: 01295 250340
Fax: 01295 250820

www.banbury.gov.uk

The Town Hall entrance is on the far side of the building, facing the diabled
parking spaces.

I've just checked and if people go to www.yell.com and get the Town Council's
details and go to map/directions you are given the option to idenitfy car
parks close to the location. If they want to know car park charges they
can look at www.cherwell-dc.gov.uk.

If people park in the Castle Quay car park, they need to walk through the
Shopping Centre and exit where Debenhams will be on their right and HMV on
their left. The Town Hall will be immediately in front of them on their
right hand side.

The train station is only five minutes walk from the Town Hall. People need
to walk out of the station up to Bridge Street, turn left and they'll see
traffic lights a few yards down the road at a crossroads. They need to walk
straight on, over the traffic lights and the Town Hall is the large bulding
in front of them.

On the day the second door (with the ramp) is the one that will probably
be open for you.

Pete Waller can pull up immediately outside the Town Hall for only a few
minutes to drop off the arena - it's a disabled parking area in front of
the Town Hall and it tends to be heavily "policed" by the Traffic Wardens.

Hope this helps.
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:44 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I reakon it's up to the discretion of the person running the teams as to how much work they believe they can take on. I'm not going to bring along so many it becomes unmanagable, but it's up to me to think how many "unmanagable" is isn't it? If I think I can handle the amount I bring, on my head be it.

Simon Windisch

Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:19 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sure Dave, it's up to you.

Simon
Reading the comments on the commitee board, I just thought I'd point out that I brought this up before and Simon said it was "up to me". Now people have seemed to change their opinion. Thats the only reason I did it, because I had confirmation first, I never ment to get people starting talking about banning me and stuff, thats going way too far. I mean, god, if you're that bothered by it I'll hand Gums over to one of Josh's mates, then I'll run the other 4, plus my supers and flea, on my own.
This has got way out of hand as far as I ment it to be, so just forget the whole topic and I'll play by your rules. Just annoyed your rules seemed to have changed from before when I checked it was ok.
Can we go back to the fun side and just enjoy this AWS on Saturday now without people having a go at me?
Thanks
Dave.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Hmmm, well, perhaps I was wrong: it has happened before :wink:

But I can't see a limit in the AWS rules. I adopted the limit for RRC after Pete mentioned once that he was staying under the limit, and later on I saw what happened when people went over that limit by entering two teams.

So sorry Dave, if I've added to the confusion.

Simon
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

the rules havent changed Dave and Simon is not the committee he mearly voiced his opinion.
Are you now saying you are getting someone else to drive one or two of ur robots? if so would it not be a good idea to tell me?
No one else has a problem with the rule on numbers I could name 3 or 4 people other than u who have or had more than 4 robots and still only entered the right amount without playing silly dear.
You've also said u want to host the next AWS so maybe you should start acting responsable and quit agrueing about the rules, if u cant enforce the rules as a builder how are you going to do it as an orgainser
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Craig thats unfair. I'm not a member of the commitee so cannot debate in these issues personally, I have to seek permission from you lot first, which I did. Read the post, its not just Simon, everyone said it was ok for me. And for gods sake, I'm only one robot over limit. Just drop it, I didnt mean to cause any trouble, and have enough going on at the moment as it is. I just wont run Gums in the main competition then, happy? But am still bringing it in case theres a melee or something after I can put it into. There, all sorted. And theres no need to take such a harsh tone, I'm only in this for the fun.
As for acting responsibly, I did, I posted on the forum and confirmed with people before going ahead. People have blown it all way out of proportion, I wasnt trying anything funny at all. I just have 5 ants and wanted them to see battle, thats it.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

I have to be on Daves side on this. I dont see any problems with having another team driving his bot, as long as they dont get clash with parts, crytals etc. Team Jag (me) did get to drive Tink, which was made from Team Anticide (Andrew) at aws 17.
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

BTW, just sent in my entry, Void, EP (flea), and EPZ (me and Andrew Hibberd's cluster, althought I'm afraid I don't know what frequency his half is on)
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

Final entries are in (just be thankfull Scott that my server went down otherwise your entries would have been late)
Final total of Ants is 44, with such a high total and such a short time to do the event in means there will be no warm up event.
Running order of the day will be : Superants (8)
Fleaweights (7)
Antweights (44)
if the day runs to plan we should have time for tag team at the end but that will be it due time restrictions.
those entering more than 1 ant will be kept 2 fights apart if possible, this will of course be more difficult as the event progresses. I garentee all antweights a minimum of 2 fights. Supers and fleas are only inline for 1 fight minimum.