Looking good that, Haz.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
bitternboy

Re: New Featherweights

Post by bitternboy »

How did you break it?
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
haz

Post by haz »

rx and speed controler mis behaving :lol:
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

The Feather is running! Side armour needs fitting and paint is needed so pictures when this is done...
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

After reading the last post, and then scanning through this thread, I really wanted to build a feather again! I've been putting it off for ages because one of my speedos was broken, and I had no motors or batteries.

After raiding my featherweight supplies (which have been collecting dust for about 8 years), I found I actually had two sets of 3800mah batteries, speed controllers, motor mounts, two wheels and a drive motor! You know that feeling when you find money in an old coat? It was like that but better. One of the speedos was still broken, but I was embarrassed at how easily I fixed it. How stupid must have been when I last put these away!?

So after work tomorrow, I'm going to get a second drive motor, and I'll have all the bits I need. Watch this space!
Team Orr

Post by Team Orr »

"if it wasn't for Edison we'd be watching TV by candlelight"
Jack Orr
Team Orr Robotics
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

It worries me slightly how much more spacious the inside of the that robot looks compared to mine despite being smaller... :-?
Jonathan Atkinson
Team Orr

Post by Team Orr »

Thanks. I'm probably going to upgrade to a bigger battery, the current one seems okay but realistically is a bit on the small side, could get a lot better power-to-weight-ratio that way. Not anything fancy like lithium etc, probably Nicad or a Nimh of some sort. Think i have one at home i can use. Going to try and tune up the ESC as well as the response time seems to be a bit on the slow side whilst i was testing it outside today. Its a good platform to work with.
"if it wasn't for Edison we'd be watching TV by candlelight"
Jack Orr
Team Orr Robotics
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

I got gianticde back from Mr Weston a couple of weeks ago, but had a stripped gear. I will fix it soon and will get back into feathers.

I am working on a new robot feathercide... A fp feather version of anticide :D
TEAM GEEK!