starting

Something to tickle your fancy.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

josh

Post by josh »

i want 1
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

looks nice, makes me want to finish mine.
TEAM GEEK!
stuart luxton

Post by stuart luxton »

it not finish yet but im nearly there.
Rhys

750?

Post by Rhys »

Looks good. What's that green stuff? What are the specs on it? Speedos, motor, batteries, armour, chassis etc?
stuart luxton

Post by stuart luxton »

hi.its all made from alloy sheet folded around the weapon motor with the sides pop riveted on and that it,the green/blue stuff is the film that comes on the sheet when you buy it.im useing electrnize speed controller for the two 18volt drill drive motors and a servo to turn on the weapon motor,not sure on batterys yet ,i know its not state of art but its cheap.
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

I think its original :D
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
josh

Post by josh »

im half way thro my feather now its gunna have a hinged wedge at the bak and a hinged scoop at the front so that wen it is flipped everything will still run flush with the ground

cad :
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b330/ ... 444444.jpg

C4 :
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b330/ ... C01217.jpg
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

How are the feathers coming guys? When are we gonna start invading featherweight events with our simple antweight ways? :P

Thought i'd just post a bit of an update on mine now. Got the motors, wheels, mounts ( essentially all drive bits) sorted now. I have my 2 speedos, electronize with external relays. Overkill for 12v drill motors being run on 12v, but I like them. One of them is not reversing though, so I'll have to get that sorted. If electronize will ever reply to me.

The whole pneumatics bussiness is also looking a bit more together now. I've got my ram, and 2 different buffer tanks. Which one to go fo yet though is undecided. probably the lightest one! All I'll need then is the compressor and the 5/3 valve.

Still need a battery. My old SLAs are dead as I haven't bothered with feathers for so long. But they're cheap, and to be honest a bit boring :D. As for the chassis, I'm still undecided. It's either traditional (welded steel box with poly armour), which is strong but heavy, and relatively cheap.. Or something fancy (thick, strong ali, bolted together), which is light and strong, but quite expensive.

The build should finally start end of this month, and be completed shortly after. pictures to follow. ;)
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

My feather is still two motors bolted to a piece of 9mm ply. Will do it sometime :roll: Not sure about weapons yet, a little scared of pneumatics. However i may do a spinner, not quite kwijebo stats but still something cool. F bomb was a cool robot, there was a thread on the FRA forum. I may make something that sort of shape but with different parts, we shall see......
TEAM GEEK!
josh

Post by josh »

im waitin for my body panels to be cut and my speedos to arrive then i will bot the bot together ready for the uk champs in august
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com