fleas

All things small and scratchy.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

alasdair

Post by alasdair »

A hey hey!
Sorry Joey, i kind of put Lil yellow taxi out of action with truant! :D

Anyways, i am planning my new BIPED FLEAWEIGHT, Stompy. :P He will be more of a fun project than a competetive bot. I think i have worked out all the mechanics, and his weapon will be a dremel saw blade, on his right arm, which is going to be able to move...

I am wondering one thing though. If you have an antweight cluster with 2 bots, and one is a walker and one is not, do they use the antweight walker weight class, the normal 150g, or does the walker have to be 112.5, and the wheeled bot 75??? :-?
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

ah, just found this:

2o) Where a clusterbot is composed of a rotary and a walking/shuffling botlet, then each botlet is allowed up to half the maximum of its class (e.g. an antweight cluster might be composed of a roller weighing 75g and a walker weighing 113g).

But, does that meant that if the walker is disabled, then the cluster loses the fight, because when i faced good and evil, i took out good, and because he was the heavier robot, he was more than 50% of the two combined. And if you disable over 50% of the cluster then they are out. :-? :-? :-?
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

Here are some of the parts i am thinking of:
2x Solarbotics GM11 75.7:1 Sanyo Gear Motor for drive
1x ServoShop Sub Micro 3.7g Servo for the arm
Peter waller option b speedo
Ar6110e for rx
2x LiPo's (fullriver) for drive

For the leg system, i am going to mount a gear with 4 offset holes directly onto the motor. I then put a a leg loosely onot this, so it will not come off, but it can freely spin. The leg goes down through a tube which is loosley attatched to the body as before. this will give the leg an eliptical motion.
For the foot, i will make a disc from something, and put dycem on the base. I will then make 4 toes going all round the foot. These will be on hinges so that they will steady the robot when it is walking.

I probably need to put a pic up to explain it better...
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

haz

Post by haz »

Oh dear... sounds scary :o :D
haz

Post by haz »

Oh dear... sounds scary :o :D
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

Just thought I'd post a pic of my 10yr old flea,called Bruce.
I recently put new radio gear and upgraded the armour from 0.2mm plasticard,to 1mm polycarbonate,with a titanium edge!

It weight spot on 75g.
The weapon servo is an SD200,I cant remember what the drive servos were,but I removed the final output gear and directly attached lego shafts. It really shifts,(for a servo driven bot on 4.5V!).

Here is a link to a quick video too!!
http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f344/ ... 173536.mp4
Hope you like it.
Cheers James. :)
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

That's actually really impressive, it's a really good robot :)

Are you planning on bringing it to an event someday?
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

Thanks alot.
I am pleased you like it!
I built it for my son back in the day,and used it to chase his pull back robot wars toys around the living room!!! :D
I am thinking about ordering some geared motors and having a play,so you may see me around sometime!!
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Hi jim

I have to say thats a very impressive looking robot, is the chassis milled out from a single block or is it bolted plates ? Its very neat inside, I'm really suprised you haven't been to an event before, and they fact you made a fleaweight on your first go :)

I have 2 fleas myself, Little Devil and Divinity, a lifter and a spinning blade respectively, they are running on gear-motors and were built to be a clusterbot to take on antweights as well as fight other fleas, hence they're rather overbuilt :P