It's flea time :D

All things small and scratchy.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

TeamCrash

It's flea time :D

Post by TeamCrash »

So, my third bot, The Not So Grim Reaper, is now confirmed as a flea! Now, I need help. Will Rory's kits work or are they too heavy?
Team Crash- Robots:
Crash (Antweight)
RDR (Antweight)
The Not So Grim Reaper (Fleaweight, retired during construction)
Crash XL (Beetleweight, construction phase)
Hogi

Re: It's flea time :D

Post by Hogi »

both of my fleaweights run Rory's standard nanotwo kits. using the same kind of battery you use in RDR and Crash I should think you'd get it in the cube no problem. the electronics just need to be a bit more cramped together rather than spaced out like they can be in an antweight. I think Rory does a fleaweight version which is the same thing only the geared motors have shortened output shafts which saves a bit of room width ways.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

Actually, as someone who uses those batteries, I can safely say that you really DON'T want them for a flea! They are too heavy and are huge; whenever I have tried to build a flea, it has come out too large and heavy due to the battery. LiPos look to be the better choice in this situation. In fact, I have weight and size issues with them in the ant class! Go for a small LiPo and I reckon that will be fine. As for Rory's kits, I cannot really comment as I have never used one myself. However, they do look fantastic to me.
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

a 180mah 2 cell lipo should be plenty small enough although i just about get away with 250 mah. just depends on your design and how much space/weight it allows.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)