Another New Fleaweight

All things small and scratchy.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Rapidrory

Another New Fleaweight

Post by Rapidrory »

So I've got two fleaweights, but those were both ants that turned out underweight. So now I've finally intentionally built a fleaweight, I thought I'd start a build thread.

So here's my latest robot:

It's built using Nanoweight drive units and a nano weight flipper servo, and as such is only 58g, but is really powerful and very fast! It may well end up clustered with Haggis to form the 4th member of my ant team, as it'll shunt around my ants quite happily. Has no name yet, but working on it :P
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Robots: Nuts 2 and many more...

NanoTwo Motor Controllers: https://nutsandbots.co.uk/product/nanotwodualesc
Remote-Controlled Dave

Re: Another New Fleaweight

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

That is great. Really great. Reminds me of Defiant from Robot Wars 96 in America. So you could call it...Deflea....
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
haz

Post by haz »

Its like a ghetto War Machinie/Evil Fish Tank crossbreed, sweet!
Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

I quite like Dave W's suggestion of Six-Pack, largely because it was built with a killer hangover induced by one :P
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Remote-Controlled Dave

Robot Wars had a six wheel drive Six Pac. But it does work with the hangover thing. Though I do have a particular annoyance for names that just echo a feature of the robot. How about simply The Hangover?
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Shakey

Post by Shakey »

The... 'build preparation' was amusing at least. :P

Also I'd rather see a completely crazy name!
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

Remote-Controlled Dave wrote:Though I do have a particular annoyance for names that just echo a feature of the robot
You must've loved Hexa-Chopper then :L
The Hangover is not bad.. I would call it The Hangover Cure, however 4 hours of concentrated work on a small robot does not help a hangover in the slightest :roll: Nah, I'm sure I'll think of something suitable soon.

Considering on clustering it with something in the fleaweight category if I get another flea built in the next few weeks, which is unlikely but not impossible.. Otherwise I'll just load it with weights. It could really do with silicon tires as getting all the wheels to sit on the ground with thin neoprene is impossible, and the lack of grip combined with the speed means it slides around a lot, but I don't think Alex is too keen on making them that small :P TBF, if I could get a mould to fit the hubs I currently have, I'd happily give it a shot myself..
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Hogi

Post by Hogi »

fleadom fighter has silicone moulded tyres now. you could cluster it with that 8 gram nano you made bringing it up to 66 grams. you could still weight the bigger part up a bit then. my fleaweight cluster will probably compose a fourty gram robot and a thirty five gram robot ( naughty penguin=40g this too shall fail ( weighted 10g ) =35g total weight of clusterbot=75g)
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
Remote-Controlled Dave

Hexa-Chopper wasn't my favourite name...lol. Its the Ronseal approach to names isn't it?

I was all proud of getting my 6wd antweight into weight and then you built this! Haha
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

Hehe, well I realised that three of those Nano drive units weigh the same as one gear motor, so it was a logical step really. That and 6 wheels are just cooler than 4 really :P

It was going to have a much larger servo in it, and it definitely has the weight, but sadly the chassis is very tightly packed as it is so there was no chance of fitting anything but a Nano servo. As such it'll still lift ants but only just, and the lifter isn't able to lift high enough to self right.. Might have to do a 4WD one with a really huge servo or some similarly large weapon :P
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts