Bruce

All things small and scratchy.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

TheAntTrap

Post by TheAntTrap »

Reminds me of Spawn Again, looking good mate.
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

Do you have weight for titanium or something at the front?

The side armour is a good idea I think, it'll stop things getting in and at the wheels and any weapons that would go through it would probably take the chassis bars out also.
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

Cheers guys.
Yep,I should have the weight for a chunk of Ti,although I only have 0.15mm,which looks cool,but doesnt offer alot of protection.I reckon I could get away with 1mm maybe?
While I have been waiting for bits and pieces for Bruce,I have been working on another flea,which is coming along nicely also.I am now waiting for a load of parts for that one too!! :roll: ,I am not sure that I will be able to get it within weight yet until all the pieces have arrived. 8)
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

I have a lot of 0.5mm titanium that you can use if you want Jim, it stand up quite well to the spinners, Stewie's flipper and the fronts and backs of Baby Hell and Bulletproof are made of it, if you want a peice or 2, drop me a PM
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

PM sent!!! :D
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

Took a couple of better pics this morning of Bruces new clothes...

I think a nice piece of Ti on the front,and a new fin for the top should finish him off niceley!
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

It is reminiscent of Spawn Again. Maybe Bruce Again? lol. Can you make the AWS Jim? I'll be running a proper fleaweight competition and I think you could have a champ there.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

Dave26 wrote:It is reminiscent of Spawn Again. Maybe Bruce Again? lol. Can you make the AWS Jim? I'll be running a proper fleaweight competition and I think you could have a champ there.
Thanks Dave26
I bloomin well hope to be there.
Although,at the moment,it looks like I will have three fleas,and no ants! :o
I havn't signed up yet,as I haven't built up the courage to ask the old ball and chain yet (joke).But I am definately planning on being there. :)
BTW,the robot may be ok,but I have come to the conclusion that I get too excited driving them,and panic! Pretty sad for a 42 year old! :(
I need alot more practice!
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Haha, we all get excited driving them! Whatever our respective ages. If you do have a lack of antweights, you could always team up two fleas as a clusterbot and find a secondry driver.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

Dave26 wrote:Haha, we all get excited driving them! Whatever our respective ages. If you do have a lack of antweights, you could always team up two fleas as a clusterbot and find a secondry driver.
Good point. Will do. :)
Can an ant clusterbot be made up of two fleas from different teams???