Milling machine for sale

Places to spend cash or learn things!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

EpicentrE

Milling machine for sale

Post by EpicentrE »

Hi all,

I'm looking to unload my milling machine, as I very rarely use it, in order to fund my 3d printer, which I will hopefully use a lot more. I want to thoroughly clean it, lubricate it and test it before selling it, but I thought I'd post now in order to see who might be interested.

The mill is this one from Axminster, albeit with a different name and colour scheme, but as far as I can tell it's exactly the same in specifications and features. I bought it around 10 years ago now, however it has barely been used for the last 6 years since I started using Shapeways, and even before that I didn't use it very often, so it's in great condition.

The mill is a perfect size for fabricating ant and beetle-sized components, and also small bits for larger weight classes. It was what I used to make Void versions 5 through 6.2, and Zenith version 4. It would also be great for converting to CNC, if you were so inclined.

You would need to purchase separate milling bits and some form of clamp/vice for holding pieces which you are working on.

From looking at completed listings on eBay, mills of this type generally go for around £250 used, so I'll be looking for something near that figure. Collection from Coventry by at least 2 strong people is essential, as it is very heavy and unwieldy to move (and you'd need to get it down a flight of stairs).

i would prefer it to go to someone I know (which is why I am listing it here first), so I'm happy to accept offers where someone wished to pay half now and half later, for example, if you were unable to pay the whole amount at once.

Any questions let me know. I'll put up pictures once I've got it cleaned up.
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
haz

Re: Milling machine for sale

Post by haz »

And here was me considering buying a second x2 for CNC conversion 2 days ago. A sign I tells ye! I have semi interest but its a bit of a trek and I've got 2 full combat featherweights on my plate until champs is over in early/mid April. You got a time frame you want it sold by?
EpicentrE

Re: Milling machine for sale

Post by EpicentrE »

I'm not in any huge rush, but during the first half of this year would be nice. I was going to get it cleaned up while I'm off work over the Easter holidays, so it'll be available any time after that.
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk