AntWeight Parts Online & Offline

Places to spend cash or learn things!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Remote-Controlled Dave

Re: AntWeight Parts Online & Offline

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

That's interesting. The fleaweight size limit very much limits a lot of creativity for me. But I guess that's the point. Though I do sometimes wonder how much the class would change and become more interesting if we kept the weight limit but upped the size to a four inch cube...
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
haz

Post by haz »

I would be a very happy Haz if that was a thing :3
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

If you are looking to design something around this gearbox then the side view dimensional drawing seems to be incorrect.
This is what I think it should be based on the photo the drawing and an existing standard gearmotor.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Just received the motors and my drawing wasn't quite right so here is an updated version.
They are 2gms heavier up from 9.3 to 11.3 gms.
One of the 4 I received is faulty in that it only has 1 motor terminal and I also found that when I placed a wheel on the shaft and turned it the gearbox started slipping.
It appears that because the plates of the gearbox have no screws holding them together on the part that sticks out to the side the plate moved enough for one of the small shaft to come out of its mounting hole.
It slipped back easily and under normal loads would probably be allright but just something to look out for.
haz

Post by haz »

Anybody got any 4mm bore 8mm OD bearings? I know a few places where I can get em but wondered if anybody had a couple in a dead brushless or lying around I could pinch. Could do with 2+

Cheers.
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

I am looking for a motor / servo with more than 10kg / cm torquethe more the better as speed isn't important. I have used a fingertech silver 300:1 but the gearbox failed in the middle of the chain. I am going to get a 600 : 1 motor but wanted to see if anyone knows of anything under 40g.
TEAM GEEK!
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

Wondered if anyone could help me;

Thrice I have ordered 1.5mm steel shaft from sellers on eBay, and thrice I have been provided with 1/18" (1.58mm) shaft. I need 1.5mm as it is to go through 1.5mm ID bearings. Does anyone know a reputable source for some?

Thanks.
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

A quick Google threw up Cromwell: https://www.cromwell.co.uk/shop/materia ... TL4325297M

They claim the tolerance is +0/-0.012mm and they look like a reasonable outfit. Found them via a recommendation on an R/C forum but I've not dealt with them myself.

I notice from the crest at the top of their web page that they supply the queen! :)

Have you thought about piano wire? I know Squires do it up to 1.5mm, but I don't know how accurate the size is.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt