Nanoweight arena.

If Fleaweights are just too big...

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

AntRoboteer

Re: Nanoweight arena.

Post by AntRoboteer »

That looks awesome! I've got to get a nano running at some point so I can join in with the rest of you in that fantastic arena. I prefer the wider style over the old, narrower one I must say. Looks great! :-)
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

thanks! i too have plans for a new nanoweight. they're so cheap to build and fun to compete with. i'm hoping to debute this arena at antweight open in november unless an event organizer would like the use of it before that in which case, provided i can make the event the answer will always be yes.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I think the increase in size is good.
The original nano's tended to be slow and well suited to the small arena but now they are faster staying in is much more difficult especially if you drive like me.
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

my thoughts exactly. ( apart from the bit about your driving, in fact, i've always thought you are a rather good driver :) ) i just thought that now we are all likely to start using those really speedy drive units, it might be better to have a larger arena with less drop off so that the battles have a chance of lasting longer than ten seconds before one drives out by accident. drop off on this arena is limited to four 10cm gaps on two opposite sides of the arena which i think should be enough for most nanos to score a pushout provided they had a good enough grip on their opponent. spinners shouldn't fly out on every hit because of the arena's large size but the walls are only about 1cm tall so it should be possible to bounce a spinner out/for a spinner to bounce it's opponent out as long as they are near enough to the edge when the impact occurs. in fact, it shouldn't be that difficult for any robot to win by forcing their opponent over the walls. all in all i think it's a pretty balanced arena. lots of room for spinners, a decent amount of drop off for pushers and low walls for flippers.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)