Another New Nanoweight...

If Fleaweights are just too big...

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

playzooki

Re: Another New Nanoweight...

Post by playzooki »

happy birthday pete. I'm looking into building a nanoweight. do these drive units require any modification? (i may have missed someone saying whether they do or not.)
Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

It probably would work. Those drive units are pretty power hungry (0.8A stall), so it might be pushing it, but worth a shot at least... I'm also looking to use them in a 4WD flea to make a fleaweight Bulldozer :L

They don't need any modification, but you can cut them in half to get a wider wheel base.

In other news it turns out it's not that hard to make a Nanoweight walker... Making a good one however probably is :P
After Pete mentioning he might make a Nano walker, it got me thinking about it, and this is the result..

It's called Scampi and is very silly :L
Control is debateable; you have what resembles forwards and steering (reverse just isn't a thing), but it's more just wild flailings in a general direction. It would have been better to use hacked servos as the drive units are much too fast. The linkage is based off the one Dan is using for his walker. It fits in the cube and even with a 180mAh battery (I'm awaiting a batch of Nano batteries) it still only weighs 22g..
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Robots: Nuts 2 and many more...

NanoTwo Motor Controllers: https://nutsandbots.co.uk/product/nanotwodualesc
Occashokka

Post by Occashokka »

If it classes as a Walker then not only is it a first but you also have 15g.(please please please makin it a spinner just for the craziness of it all)
Team Badger
Has a 3d printer now yay
-£4.82+VAT (intact)
-cool modulated printed thingy
-not yet built nasty mean spinnt thingy

I'm gonna build something huge and stupid, try and stop me :P
Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

I thought about adding a weapon to it while I was building it (It would have been a big servo flipper) but after I tested it I quickly decided it wasn't worth it :P If I manage to make a better one at some point then I will add a big weapon.

Here's a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIiZU6o ... e=youtu.be
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

I want one.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

It's just a load of bent paperclips really; I'm sure you could put something together :L

In other news, more work is being done on the Nano kits; They'll probably just be a drive unit with wheels, two servo boards, and a lemon RX, but would be £15 so not a vast expense... Unfortunately adding mixing with an RC mixer is a pain, and will probably add another £5, so there'll be options for with and without mixing. I'm just waiting on a load of servos from china to nick the boards from.
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

It reminds me of one of my faces, Anarachnid.

Did you get my last PM Rory?
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

Sorry, I saw it and totally forgot to reply :s

I'll try and improve the walking on this thing by adjusting the legs; it's never going to be good, but it might get as far as useable :L
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

Rapidrory wrote:It probably would work. Those drive units are pretty power hungry (0.8A stall)
0.8A stall!!! Gosh, I never thought that would be the case. As the ant gearmotors I use claim to be 0.36A stall, I'm rather dubious of the 0.8A stall on these. Has anyone tested them to see the stall currents and if so, could you post your findings here please?

And it's lovely to see the walker! That is so awesome! I was going to make a nano walker with the linkage I designed (which was then implemented by my brother and I in Zoink) so I could use the extra weight to fit in my massive batteries! Imight still give that a go. We shall see... :-)
playzooki

Post by playzooki »

love it.