4c 4e

A discussion forum for proposed changes to the AWS rules (2014)

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Forum rules
* Only one rule per thread. Any deviation will be moved by the moderators.
* Keep the discussions on-topic, relevant and polite. Anything else WILL be removed by the moderators.
* If you start a new thread (to discuss a different rule) quote the existing rule in the first post so everyone knows what you're talking about.
* The existing rules (version 4.2) can be found here: http://robotwars101.org/ants/rules.htm
Lincoln

4c 4e

Post by Lincoln »

4c) When any robot is immobile or lacks controlled motion then a judge will call cease and the driver will have ten seconds to demonstrate that control has been restored, otherwise the robot will have lost.

4e) Robots may hold or pin each other for a maximum of 20 seconds. The judge will give a verbal warning at 15 seconds into any holding or pinning, for the contestants to disengage. Should they not do so within final 5 seconds then the battle will be paused and the robots returned to their respective corners. The battle will then recommence immediately.

PLEASE PLEASE INFORCE THESE RULES
to meny times I have seen these rules not in forced and it is so frustrating when you lose just because rules were not in forced
Rant over
Occashokka

Re: 4c 4e

Post by Occashokka »

Fair enough I guess...
But wait how many times have you actually lost because of the first rule not being applied
Team Badger
Has a 3d printer now yay
-£4.82+VAT (intact)
-cool modulated printed thingy
-not yet built nasty mean spinnt thingy

I'm gonna build something huge and stupid, try and stop me :P
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Occashokka wrote: But wait how many times have you actually lost because of the first rule not being applied
4e twice whith the cluster
4c 4 or 5 times this is because the other robot is in a position meaning we are immobile but if the other robot left us alone we would be mobile
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

4C: never seen it unenforced but i know in the past there has been some debate over what “imoblised” means.

4E: i've only seen it needed a few times but when it has been needed it has always been enforced.

the only thing i would possibly like to see implemented concerning these rules would be an extra rule stating something like: a robot may not be counted out while in contact with the other robot.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
Occashokka

Post by Occashokka »

Hogi wrote:4C: never seen it unenforced but i know in the past there has been some debate over what “imoblised” means.

4E: i've only seen it needed a few times but when it has been needed it has always been enforced.

the only thing i would possibly like to see implemented concerning these rules would be an extra rule stating something like: a robot may not be counted out while in contact with the other robot.
Now that final sentence is a fair point and I second that because it cleans things up nice and fair.Its not like "only countdown when not in contact" is hard to apply either...
Team Badger
Has a 3d printer now yay
-£4.82+VAT (intact)
-cool modulated printed thingy
-not yet built nasty mean spinnt thingy

I'm gonna build something huge and stupid, try and stop me :P
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

i say that because i've seen a few incidents where a robot has been counted out while being pushed. this only usually happens because the opponent goes to push the imoblised robot off the arena after the count out has started but i don't think it's fair to class that robot as imoblised ( unable to move ) if it is at all under the influence of another robot because for all the judges know the imoblised robot could've regained motion however it is unable to display that motion because of the opponent's influence on it. that to me sounds more like pinning than imoblisation. obviously the count out would either have to restart or resume once the robots have separated ( happy to go with the majority on that decision if this note goes through )
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
Shakey

Post by Shakey »

I agree with Hogi about the count being reset if the opponents touch.

I think it should be the case that if a robots mobility comes into question a count is started and they have 10 seconds to demonstrate mobility. I think that this time should still be part of the match, so if the opponent wants to continue attacking that is up to them but every contact will reset the count.

That pretty much comes under how it is currently enforced, we don't stop the fight and give them 10 seconds, the fight has carried on, roboteers understand that not attacking for 10 secs in this situation is a win for them. If they wish to attack the still can but doing so will reset the immobile counter. Plus in the '10 seconds to demonstrate mobility' if the robot not in question had to stop or otherwise be out the way it disrupts the fight and could give an unfair advantage f the robot in question is still mobile as it gives time for them to recover, plan or position for another attack.
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!