Wii or PS3, or Xbox 360?

Wanna talk about something other than robots? Really?? Can't understand it myself, but if you really want to, do it here....normal rules apply though!!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

I started with a Sharp MZ-800. There was a CP/M for it, bit I only had a 2,8" Quick Disk drive that was anything but quick. Loved that machine. :)
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website
petec

Post by petec »

Leo, the Playstation....that was the CD drive Sony built for Nintendo wasn't it? I believe they went back on their deal and then released it themselves...shame they didn't know anything about games :D

Oliver, I agree about the N64, although I think both the Saturn and Dreamcast had a wider range of excellent games.

For the record, my little collection consists of: ZX80, ZX81 (4), ZX Spectrum+, ZX Spectrum +3, Atari 800XL, Apple II, Sinclair QL, Sega Master System, Megadrive, Saturn, Dreamcast, Gamegear, N64, Gamecube, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, Gameboy Advance, DS and a small garage of PCs....actually that's quite a lot, isn't it!!

First machine I used was an either an Apricot or a Dragon (never been entirely sure). I once progammed hangman on a telephone exchange and wrote a windows programme on the ZX80 (which isn't actually able to process instructions and display a picture at the same time!!)
------------
RobotWars101.org
RobotWars101.co.uk
Antweights.com
Antweights.co.uk
AntweightWorldSeries.com
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

A quote from the BBC News Site...

Current desktop machines have up to four separate cores, while the Cell processor inside the PlayStation 3 has eight. Each core is effectively a programmable chip in its own right.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6354225.stm
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

petec wrote:Leo, the Playstation....that was the CD drive Sony built for Nintendo wasn't it? I believe they went back on their deal and then released it themselves...shame they didn't know anything about games :D
In all honesty, on paper the Saturn was the better machine. But when it came to good games, the Playstation had far more good titles then the Saturn did.

Nintendo did not have a clue. If it wasn't for mario, donkey kong and most importantly zelda and final fantasy, they would have gone belly up a long time ago.
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website
olivers

Post by olivers »

I started with an 8086.

Then ZX80, ZX Spectrum 128, Atari ST, SNES (at uni), Dreamcast, Gamecube, Gameboy, Gameboy Advance, DS, DS Lite, PSP, lots of PC's, laptop. And a Wii.

I loved the Dreamcast. Metropolis Street Racer still rates with Project Gotham 3. House of the Dead with the light gun.
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

Let see.

The very first was a Audio sonic tv game, with pong, hockey, bowling, and shooting game.

Then i got a Sharp MZ-800, an Atari STf, an Atari Mega STe, a Apple IIe, an Amiga 500, 2 commodore 64's, a commodore pc 20-III (10 mhz 8088), a AMD386 DX40 with 387 co-processor, a 486 DX4 100, A Playstation, a Pentium 133, 2 PII 350's, a AMD Atlon XP 1500 plus, an AMD Athlon XP 2500 plus (still have that one), An AMD sempron 3000+ (my current webserver), An HP pavilion ZD9000 laptop (p4 3GHz, not mobile version. heavy motherliker for a laptop @ 8 kg), and finally an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ with a Geforce 7900GS.

And I payed way too much for all of them. :)
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website
Marco Roberts

Post by Marco Roberts »

I am still trying to get my Wii but to no avail. This week I am going to game every day at 9am to grab one from teh delivery since I have given up just searching online
I have bought a wii mote so i can play it at friends houses, but also so I can connect it via bluetooth to my laptop and play games with it
<-=AWS 10 1st and 2nd champ=->
<-=AWS 13 1st and 2nd champ=->
patdied

Post by patdied »

In Canada (Where I live) MDG is giving out Xbox 360s to people who buy their computers.

http://www.mdg.ca
olivers

Post by olivers »

Try Toys R Us. They are still getting a few Wii's in. You can also order them online from various places like Game.
petec

Post by petec »

leo-rcc wrote:Let see.

The very first was a Audio sonic tv game, with pong, hockey, bowling, and shooting game.
Doh, that's just reminded me...I've got one of those old Binatone TV games with the really dodgy analogue paddles and about 10 games that all seem exactly the same....

I should state that the list was of the ones I currently have. PCs I've had three laptops (one of which really was literally) 8086/Sony Vaio and Tosh, then 486SX25, DX33, DX4 100, some AMD pentium clone, P2 300Mhz, P3 500Mhz, P4 2.something Mhz....I need to get out more!
------------
RobotWars101.org
RobotWars101.co.uk
Antweights.com
Antweights.co.uk
AntweightWorldSeries.com