Wii or PS3, or Xbox 360?

Wanna talk about something other than robots? Really?? Can't understand it myself, but if you really want to, do it here....normal rules apply though!!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

PS3s out tomorrow, anyone here getting one? And I'm afraid I still don't understand what all the fuss about Blu-Ray and HD is about :-? What ever it is, I don't think it can possibly be worth ?400+ for what is basically a limited computer.
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

The Blu-ray vs HD-DVD is the same as the VHS vs Betamax discussion. Who can profit the most from his/her proprietary format.

And as for a limited computer, see it more as a dedicated computer. I dont want a onboard computer of a Boeing 747 to be able to play Counterstrike, before you know it some flight engineer will. :) That makes the computer limited, but terrific at its designated job. In the PS3 case, play games and surf the net.

Which is what a lot of "unlimited" pc's are used for only anyway.
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

Does anyone know if I were to buy a HD TV if it would be higher definition than my PC screen? Or is HD TV completely different?
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

Well on my 42" plasma tv screen my max resolution is 1400 x 768.

But the image is very good. And GTA San Andreas plays very well on it.
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website
Nathan Windisch

Post by Nathan Windisch »

[deleted]
Last edited by Nathan Windisch on Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
malivoirec

Post by malivoirec »

"The Blu-ray vs HD-DVD is the same as the VHS vs Betamax discussion. Who can profit the most from his/her proprietary format." Leo

If anyone is interested, there might be a solution to the War of the HD movies. It was seen on the gadget show on channel 5.

For every great war that has occured. There is always a person who has looked at the carnage and thought "Shucks, why can't we just have something that can just end all this." From Woodrow Wilson when he created the League of Nations to Lennox lewis when fighting Mike Tyson to Mark Thorp when he made the first word championship even.

But now there is a new menber to the dreamers club, their name are LG. What they have done is create a player that can read both format and play it onto you screen. It costs around the same as a blu-ray player and it can read both of them with one slot!

Thoes that are interested will have to wait untill 3/4 to the end of 2007 to get your hands on one.

P.S. GO PS3!!!!!!!!! ( :lol: )
Fortune cookie says: Pain is meerly a feeling;
unless its PERMANANT FOREVER.

Fortune cookie no.2 says: Take heed of
Last cookie
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

Well, after much deliberation over the past couple of months, I have finally decided to stuff all the new consoles and buy a new computer instead :). I need to save up about ?750 for the following specs...

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz Processor (might get 2.6Ghz instead)
2GB of RAM
nVidia 8800GTS 640MB Graphics card

And ideally I want an extra couple of hundred for (at least 2 150GB hard disks as I am having major space problems on my current PC. I'm hoping to build it over the summer holidays but thats assuming I can get about another ?400-500 by then. I'm hoping to cut costs as much as possible by taking CD-R, DVD and surround sound stuff out of my current PC.