Wanna talk about something other than robots? Really?? Can't understand it myself, but if you really want to, do it here....normal rules apply though!!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Raizor

Post by Raizor »

Marco Roberts wrote:that LED rule has been used for a while so i dont see it as a fundamental new rule change. Back in debs april 2004 it was being used.
And I cant see how were are off topic.
Marco a quote from the FRA's HOME PAGE
" Welcome to the home of the
Fighting Robot Association
Established in 2003 to represent the
interests of roboteers, and provide a central resource of information for robotic events
and robot building."

The LED rule was introduced by the FRA.

We are off topic since this topic is about AGE and not about the FRA.
The Irish Guy
Website Hosting:
http://www.dghosting.co.uk
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Marco, we're off topic in a topic that was made in the off topic section. :wink:
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

I created the topic, n I dont mind if u wana argue on it. lol
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
petec

Post by petec »

Just to clarify the FRA have only got insurance for themselves (unless this has changed recently) as a committee. Providing event insurance would be extremely expensive (?5-10k per year) and the subs would never cover it.
------------
RobotWars101.org
RobotWars101.co.uk
Antweights.com
Antweights.co.uk
AntweightWorldSeries.com
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

Not that off topic but relevent
http://www.geocities.com/f1coolt/sindex.html

There are links on there to some of the oldest of ants, i particuarly like that version of militant.[/url]
TEAM GEEK!
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Hmmm, back in the day when cardboard was considered a good material for armour.

And yes, Pants is pretty much the same then as it is now.

Simon
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

Yeah. Btw that site was actully done by the one of Swedens first antweight builder :)
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

The FRA are keeping robots going? there the saviuor are they? Welcome to the real world the FRA are a bunch of idiots trying to run something that runs perfectly well without them, I'm ex FRA comittee the more i went the more the sport was being destroyed by petty internal rivalry '' i'm going to sue you if u do that'' i'll sue u if u try and stop me'' does that sound like the saviour of our sport?

Spetember 26th the AWS is 6 years old and will be hosting its 18th championship no other group can match what we've acomplished on our own, we self govern and are self contained we are totally self sufficent, why? we care more about the robots than making money, pretty much everyone who hosts an event loses money that just shows what were trying to do, put on a great event and I've only ever been to one event where i was disapointed, AWS8 because me Oliver and Ben C ran the event.

We dont need the FRA to show us anything we could teach them a thing or two.
josh

Post by josh »

temper temper :P
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

it just bugs me when people praise the FRA when the only thing they can achive is kissing there own arses. the whole thing is run to please one man, i was sick of it then and i'm sick of it now if they want to talk "bananas" once a month let them but if it werent for Jonno and Roaming Robots the FRA would have nothing.
I'm only an assocate member of the FRA because i run a heavy or 3 and without being a member icant fight it and having spent ?3000 on her i'm not gonna sit back and watch it rust.
The only time i've walked out on an event was because FRA staff acused me of cheating for not weighing the robot in when he asked, reason it wasnt weighed in at the moment was becasue it was being charged and i couldnt be moved til it was done, i walked out but was talked into getting back in the arena by Jonno and Andy Kane (yes i know what Andy is to the FRA he just happens to be a good friend of mine and he didnt want me to leave)
I understand what the FRA is trying to do but its never gonna happen until they relise there only plus point is there forum, I was always told there only job is to right the rules? so what does that do? Roaming robots have had there own rules since before the FRA was formed and there was nothing wrong with those rules just the FRA sticking its big boot in made Jonno use there rules.
Its all crap and i dont buy into it
As for me losing my temper u aint seen nothing yet