What garden visitors do you have

Wanna talk about something other than robots? Really?? Can't understand it myself, but if you really want to, do it here....normal rules apply though!!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

peterwaller

What garden visitors do you have

Post by peterwaller »

The last few days we have had an adult and two different size fox cubs in our back garden and last night one of the cubs arrived when it was just about light enough to video.
http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n66/ ... MG1029.flv
Team Terror

Post by Team Terror »

Cool :D
There's a fox near to where I live, I've seen it come into the garden a few times, but we don't get much wildlife in our garden, because we've got cats, however, we have got a pond with some frogs in 8)
Jack Evans
Captain
Team Terror
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

My sister keeps chickens which inevitably means foxes. We keep the in a secure area though so it's alright. That doesn't stop them from visiting us and our neighbour has let her garden fall into disuse; perfect for foxes. The fox population so far as we can tell is 2 adults and 6 cubs that come out at all hours and run about on our lawn.
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
daliad100

Post by daliad100 »

Plenty of frogs even though we have no pond. They keep geting squashed on the driveway :(
Team Imperial - What is that, metric?
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

We quite often get mice, birds and frogs in my garden, they've all been bought in by my cat (it put a live mouse in my boot once !)

We do get the occasional Hedgehog though.
terminaldamage

Post by terminaldamage »

At my old uni flat, there used to be a fox or two that would occasionally roam the communal gardens at the back. Was quite cool seeing foxes about but I have to ask, has anyone ever heard a fox's cry? (not sure if it's an anguished cry or some other type of cry). It has to be one of the most eerie sounds I have ever heard, really quite chilling!

Actually, found a video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk1mAd77Hr4

Imagine hearing that outside your window at night just as you were beginning to drift off to sleep :o
Jamie McHarg
RogueTwo Robots
www.rogue-two-robots.vze.com

With great power, comes great reliability.
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

Nice video Pete, no garden on the 11th floor unfortunatly... But there are millions of flying bugs everywhere, and some ants about 10 times bigger than the ones in the UK 8)
TEAM GEEK!
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

I used to get giant ants when I lived in Kuwait, as well as a colony of geckos that lived in our lift shaft...my house here's boring though, the most interesting it gets is frogs.
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

In my garden some of the time we get a bat, whom we named yvon :D
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

Nothing noteworthy in my garden I'm afraid, but I did spot a robin on the balcony of my hotel yesterday. Unfortunately it flew off before I could get my cameraphone out.
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website