Transmitters

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

I knew it would.

I can walk half a mile without interference away from my robot without any arial exposed outside and i have 0 glitches.

Geoff Smith had a >100 yard range while the receiver was buried in a hardox box 4 mm thick.

At the end of this road, the feather was still in control.
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

One slight problem I have just found out about is that the DX6 transmitter is not exactly legal in the UK yet. Apparently the regulations only allow a 10 mW output as used in the 3 channel car systems and not the 100mW used by the DX6. From what I have read in the FRA forum they are due to be made legal, in line with the rest of the world, some time in November/December but until then you have to get a licence for each event they are used at. Just a warning incase anyone one is thinking of getting one. That probably explains why I could not get one in this country.
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

Well, they have been legal in the Netherlands for months and months, but it is only now that they are starting to get noticed by the regular RC shops. As a event organiser (or anyone who wants to use the DX6) a license is availble, which costs 48 pounds and covers everyone using a 100 mwatt 2.4 Ghz system during that event.

That is a lot if you are the only one using it, but if you are with 7 or more transmitters like in roaming robots of XFM, these expenses are manageable. The OFCOM was supposed to have a meeting in november to officially clear the way for 100 mwatt transmissions in the UK.

The DX3 is already legal, no license required there.
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

Kane just informed the DX6 and similar transmitters are legal for use in the UK without special license from the 8th of December.
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

Pete W, could you tell me how much your DX6 cost from the US with the customs and VAT etc? I want a DX6 for my new ant and need to know which shop works out cheaper to buy it from.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I bought a DX6 system plus 2 extra BR6000 receivers from robot market place in the US.
http://www.robotcombat.com/marketplace_rc_radioDX6.html
Items were $309.97 or ?158.76
Delivery was $36.60 or ?18.75
Duty was approx ?25 can't remember exactly.
Hope this is of some help
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

I have checked with loads of shops and websites where i could fine the DX6 with BR6000 the cheapest . I ordered 9 setups and 9 additional br6000's so then you do want to shop around.

Even with the taxes, robotcombat.com came out the cheapest by far, ending up at 211,88 euros per set which makes it GBP 142,80.
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

Thanks both of you, that is very helpful.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Almost forgot the charger is 110v with a US plug so no use in this country.
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

And the + and - are reversed on the charge plug, so keep that in mind if you buy another charger.
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website