Tip on pneumatics

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Antidote

Tip on pneumatics

Post by Antidote »

Yeh hello been a while, but randomly browsing this place again.
Ive had alot of people email me over the time away about why they cant get their flippers as powerful as rebels.
The biggest tip with antweight scale is flowrate. Alot of people have used different systems and i tried a few myself and beleave it or not with modifying lego/technics is the best.
Now any of you who have the kit have a close look at all the ports on it, if you look closely inside the you will see the holes are pin tip sizes. Now what I did on rebel is drill all the ports out to increase the flowrate. I also kept the ram well lubricated and used a bungy return to increase the flips and inertia.
One of the main factors in a fliper is the pivot point. with a servo fliper its not really that important as the forces arnt that sudden, but in a pneumatic robot theres a great difference between a flick and a flip. Play about with your mounting point by putting a dummy robot of some kind (same weight) in a posisiton it will be in when you decide to flip.
Oh yeh, keep your pipes as short as possible :)

um yeh hopefully that will help some of those out who have been asking.

If you want to know where ive been, i got back into rc cars and have been running a website and Im now sponsered and currently in the process of sorting out a series for next year. which for the genre will be the first one out side of japan.
www.d1rc.co.uk
Also been busy with college so not only do i not have much time for the above but anything else as well. Money :(

anyway hi / bye lol.

anyway i might pop back again sometime, may compete again some day...

Chris